by MintyFreshSims

Original Post

[OPEN] Rattlesnake Juice: Lot Floors Place Above the Ground

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a floor tile on the ground
What happens when the bug occurs? The floor tile is placed a bit above the ground, creating a mound or a hill. When placed at the edge of the lot there'll be a sharp edge.
What do you expect to see? Other lots has the same hight between sidewalk and flat terrain lots. "Rattlesnake Juice" should also be flat.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The terrain tool patch

I've had this bug for a while. All my saves are affected, included new ones I make. I wanted to know if this is a new glitch or not. There's kinda a workaround, were you can place terrainpaint instead, but I want an asphalt driveway, which looks ridiculous when there's a sharp edge. I couldn't find this issue in "Reported issues" but maybe it's a known bug?

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 9 (2,319 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] "Rattlesnake Juice"-lot Floors Place Above the Groun

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Is there solution for this? This still happens to my game. Even with new saves. Also if I place lot from gallery the tiles closest to the edge disappear. 

Message 2 of 9 (2,193 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Rattlesnake Juice: Lot Floors Place Above the Ground

★★★★ Apprentice

Same problem here. It is only this lot that it happens though. Even changing the lot does not fix it. Frown

Message 3 of 9 (2,091 Views)

★ Novice

I also has this same problem 

Message 4 of 9 (2,015 Views)

★★ Novice
@MintyFreshSims I am currently having this issue may 18th 2021.. ridiculous
Message 5 of 9 (1,828 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Rattlesnake Juice: Lot Floors Place Above the Ground

★★★ Guide

FURTHERMORE, if you attempt to lower the foundation of the build (ANY build) the ground is pulled down. It is not possible to build platforms on this lot. This ENTIRE LOT is glitched and must be repaired by EA.

Message 6 of 9 (1,742 Views)

★★★ Guide

I.E. It is IMPOSSIBLE to have a flat even ground on this lot. You cannot have a flat deck piece or a flat platform because they sink into the ground or rise above the ground every time. What is wrong with this lot?????

Message 7 of 9 (1,741 Views)

★ Guide

This happen to me when trying to build a gym for my own save file. When I place a room, the game automatically raises the platform by 1 level but the land is slightly sunken.

Message 8 of 9 (1,652 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC: 1.88.213.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything currently available
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Bulldoze Rattlesnake Juice Bar in a new vanilla save and try laying floor tiles on the lot starting from the outermost grid squares.
What happens when the bug occurs? The floor tiles appear to raise above the level of the unbuildable terrain area surrounding the lot and also appear to place beneath the grid itself.
What do you expect to see? Floor tiles lying flush with the unbuildable terrain.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Still experiencing this in a brand new completely vanilla save, absolutely no cc or mods. I tried bulldozing both the lot and the terrain. It appears the edge of the buildable space for 1 full grid square all the way around the lot sits slightly above the sidewalk. Starting with the second full grid square in floor tiles can be placed in the entire center of the lot so that they sit level. I have attached pictures to demonstrate: 

06-03-22_2-09-41 PM.png06-03-22_2-42-40 PM.png06-03-22_2-42-45 PM.png06-03-22_2-42-10 PM.png

The first 3 pics show what happens when you try to have floor tiles butt against the sidewalk, the last pic shows how they sit level once you move one full grid square in from the edge of the buildable area. 

Message 9 of 9 (1,398 Views)