[OPEN] Randomizing a sim from the gallery is not working

by netcat0718

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Randomize From Gallery at Create-A-Sims is not working

★★★★★ Novice

i'll give that a try... no i never go into manage world first to make them. i go straight to CAS from menu. make my sim then find them a home.

Message 40 of 71 (1,613 Views)

Hero

OK. I'll try that then. But won't have much time till after XMas. Can't promise anything

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 71 (1,778 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

no problem, i appreciate your effort.

i think i understand where the occasional random sim is coming from. though even those sims arent so random for me.

those occassional random sims i believe come from the same household as the sim im used to seeing.

i made some videos of my random sims from gallery attempts and posted to youtube.

Message 42 of 71 (1,773 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

still having this stupid problem, wish it would get fixed. with millions of sims out there, i'd like to see more than the same 200.

Message 43 of 71 (1,737 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

This should be fixed

How many packs do you own ? Do you randomize in a new save or existing one ?

Did you try without mods ?

EDIT: NVM. Seems this is back. It was fixed ... I'll reopen.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 71 (1,729 Views)

Hero

Added back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 45 of 71 (1,718 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

I just want to mention that the button is only intended to pull from Maxis Curated households, not from the entire pool of Gallery households.

Also, in terms of the sequence of Sims being pulled by the button, by design this is not completely random, but is currently heavily skewed toward more recent uploads.

That said, we will be looking into the fact that the button may not be fully functional for some users.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 46 of 71 (1,702 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

yes, the problem is back..:-( I hope EA can fix it again.

Message 47 of 71 (1,662 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having the same problem as MiSFiT203, and while I get that it takes a batch from specific sims, I hate how every single time I exit the game and re-enter the whole queue of same sims starts over again.  If I want to randomize a sim I have to go through a ton of them just to find 1 that isn't already in my game.  It's to the point where even if I don't like the sim I'll just put them in my game to replace ugly random townies just so I don't have to click through a ton of sims in order to get to one I haven't seen or used already.

Message 48 of 71 (1,573 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It is 09.08.2018 now and still the problem is not fixed :-( When loading a sim from the gallery I always get the same sims from one family, very disappointing!

Message 49 of 71 (1,464 Views)