[OPEN] Randomizing a sim from the gallery is not working

by netcat0718

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Randomize From Gallery at Create-A-Sims is not working

★★★★★ Novice

ok.. well, i ran a test game (new). went to cas and the button worked fine. mostly different sims. clicked thru maybe 50. added one to new game, saved and returned to main menu. went to CAS repeated same process, clicked thru alot of sims again and it worked well, lots of different sims. added one to game. went to main and back to cas again and clicked thru a few more this time with good results again. glad to see that. 

please tell me there is a cache or something i can clear in my real game that will get rid of those repetitive sims. i dont wanna lose my game... and thanks so much for the swift responses.

Message 30 of 71 (1,759 Views)

Hero

Put back your regular save now without mods and see if it still works (don't save if you have lots of cc on your Sims). Also just put a copy not the original save and see if it's still fine.

If so, it's some kind of mod causing it and you'll need to figure out which.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 71 (1,856 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

when i did the test on the new game, i still had mods and cc in it. i hadnt seen your post yet. and it worked fine. i just did a test without mods on my old game and it slightly helped. most of the sims were ones i already saw, but a very few were different. Rosemow just recommended rebuilding my sims 4 folder and adding stuff back over on the forums, im gonna try that. hopefully that works.

Message 32 of 71 (1,844 Views)

Hero

If you want, you can upload your save and I test if I can duplicate the issue on your save

Please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 71 (1,840 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

ok so i tried these steps suggested by rosemow, still have the problem.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

i'll send you my save now. i included a look here folder with screenshots and a readme to explain. thanks for all the help so far. ok file is on the way.

Message 34 of 71 (1,835 Views)

Hero

I'll check it tomorrow

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 35 of 71 (1,818 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

k... thx

Message 36 of 71 (1,811 Views)

Hero

I can't replicate your issue. Seems fine to me.

Are they completely the same ? Clothing, makeup everything ? Does it matter if male, female, alien, whatever ?

Also, I wonder why you have a mod in your saves folder ...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 71 (1,802 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

yeah it's pretty much all types of sims. the make up is the same also. you did try sims from gallery button, to see premade sims, not the regular random button right? i noticed yesterday that they all seem to be really highly downloaded sims. like maybe its only showing me the most downloaded. i saw sims with like 77,000 downloads. ocassionally the order might change slightly, like one sim might seem like it showed up out of order but it's always the same ones. and as far as the mod in the save game folder, i think the mod makes some kinda saves of its own or stores some files there. lol i can tell they arent normal mod files. it's a very advanced mod so requires more than just package and script files.

but idk... with this one save it always does it, even without mods folder in there. those sims i sent you pics of always come up first in the list. i sent you 15 pics and at best i end up seeing those sims in the first 20 i click thru cause like i said, occasionally one might be out of the order. 

Message 38 of 71 (1,791 Views)

Hero

Yes, from the gallery. Mine looked nothing like yours.

This is what I did, maybe I did it differently then you

1. Load your save
  2. Go to map and choose a random lot
  3. Use Create New Household to move in
  4. Randomize from Gallery
  5. Place
  6. Choose different lot
  7. Repeat

Would I need to actually go into the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 71 (1,788 Views)