[OPEN] Randomizing a sim from the gallery is not working

by netcat0718

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Randomize From Gallery at Create-A-Sims is not working

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi

So disappointing EA didn't fix the 'randomize from gallery' problem with the latest update from 14-7-2016 :-( I hope they will one day..

Message 20 of 71 (1,727 Views)

Hero

They were only just able to replicate a week ago. Give them some more time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 71 (1,840 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi!

Still the same problem after todays patch..very very disappointing..I guess there is no solution at all? 

Message 22 of 71 (1,802 Views)

Hero

Not aware of one. Sorry

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 71 (1,781 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The randomize problem is solved with the latest patch from 10.27.2016. Thanx! 

Message 24 of 71 (1,714 Views)

Hero

Than you for your feedback

Tagging @chichinghui @juliebeangel @thespian7siren for feedback if it's fixed for them too

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 71 (1,708 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm having a problem with the random sim from the gallery button in CAS. 

It's not random. it's a playlist of the same sims everytime i use it. if i leave CAS and go back and try to use it again it will show me the same sims in the same order as it did the time before. 

example: say i just install the sims 4 and goto CAS and flip thru random sims from the gallery using the button. if i do this for 10 minutes and then leave cas, or even leave the game and restart and go back to cas and start clicking the random sim from gallery button it will show me the same sims i already viewed for the last 10 minutes in the same order. meaning it will take me atleast 10 minutes of clicking that button before i see a new sim that wasnt showed to me previously. 

if i click thru the new sims for the next 10 minutes then the next time i'm not in cas and i return to cas and use that button i will have to view all those previously viewed sims all over again for the next 20 minutes before i see anything new. i'm now up to the point where it takes me roughly an hour of viewing sims i've viewed previously before i can finally start seeing new sims when i use the button.

i dont have the patience to look thru gallery for sims because of not having a way to turn off sims with stuff packs i dont have. if i dont have the SP or EP or GP that the sims requires then it does me no good to see it. i wish that could be disabled in settings. its very annoying.

but anyway... long story short, as i said above. it's more of a playlist of pre-selected sims. its not random at all. oh btw... im on latest version 1.25

Message 26 of 71 (1,685 Views)

Hero

Do you get the same list if you exit the save game to the main menu and restart (just for testing purposes) ?

Also any mods/cc in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 71 (1,677 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

if you mean starting a new game, i'll give that a try. i've used the same gamesave for ages. 

i do have a bunch of cc, mc controller, wicked whims and maybe 10 other mods.

i'll go give the new game a try and report back.

Message 28 of 71 (1,666 Views)

Hero

Also try without mods. Can only take reports on vanilla games in here

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 71 (1,662 Views)