by rostsit

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Random teen body shape changes

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All to the date
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a vampire from a teen (other age groups may also work) or make a teen vampire (not vampire may also work) to grow up
What happens when the bug occurs? The body shape of a grown sim or/and vampire alternate form randomly changes, not a weight or muscle mass - a SHAPE.
What do you expect to see? The body shape must stay constant!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Recently I have noticed that the body shape of a vampire alternate form (dark form) was different from that of original form. it wasn't a big deal, because 1) you can copy the look of original form to alternate form without cheats or mods or any big efforts; 2) it's an ALTERNATE form after all, it can be explained gameplay-wise.

But then I've played with this teen-vampire longer and when she became young adult I've noticed her ORIGINAL body (and ears) were also changed! Here are the screens (it's a female just because you can better see this on females, nothing more):

BEFORE Before.jpgAFTER After.jpg

This Sim was fully created by game, I haven't make any customizations to it. I have only made her dark form look like original after I've found out it differs. Now, the dark form looks like it should, and the original form is altered! 

Of course some will say people changes with aging. My friends, women breasts don't grow smaller, naturally, I mean. THAT smaller at least. ALSO take a look to the EARS. Wow, that's not explainable at all.

Message 1 of 14 (2,179 Views)

Re: Random teen body shape changes

Hero
At what point did you remove the mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (2,170 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I had a save before the "birthday" - just in case I wouldn't get gold Standard smile So when I realised what happens, I used this save to experiment with all possible workarounds that came to my mind, removing all mods included.

Message 3 of 14 (2,157 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I've also tried changing age through CAS. This way, ears don't change. But other than that - feet, breasts, legs - all change, but not randomly, it's always the same form. Breasts become smaller, belly become flatter, feet (!!!) become smaller/shorter, legs become bigger/wider.

It seems something is now broken in the connection between different forms. Vampire dark form supposed to alter only face, while alien disguise is pretty independent from original form. Now, vampire dark form behaves more like alien disguise, and this in turn also somehow influences aging and through aging - even the original sim form. IMO.

P.S. It's not an vampire-alien hybrid on the screenshots. It's absolutely legal and official alien-normal sim-vampire hybrid, i.e. alien and normal sim offspring with no alien powers became a vampire.

Message 4 of 14 (2,144 Views)

Hero
Does it happen to all your Sims you try ? Even if you create a new Sim in CAS and age him/her up there immediately ? Does the Sim have to be played ?

(I couldn't duplicate with a new vampire teen Sim in CAS)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (2,096 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Unfortunately, yes, I think a sim needs to be played, you can't replicate the bug just with CAS Frown

I've noticed something else: before aging, I've entered CAS and changed the age manually. The body shape was changed to the new one, but aging down to teen resulted in the body shape restoring. After aging, when aging down to teen in CAS the body shape won't restore, the teen will have the new/changed body shape of Young Adult.

Message 6 of 14 (2,089 Views)

Hero
Can you upload your Sim to the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (2,083 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

What do you mean? All of them? This is not the only case.

Message 8 of 14 (2,058 Views)

Hero
Just an example case really.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 14 (2,050 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

In all cases I've fixed this bug with the help of MCCC mod. So I don't have anything in my game atm. I will make another save when I run into this bug again, or maybe someone else will find and share another instance of it.

Message 10 of 14 (2,029 Views)