Re: Random sims come running to talk and interrupt actions.

by unseenlarks

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Random sims come running to talk and interrupt actions

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, University, seasons, Pets, City Living, Get Together, Magic, Stranger Ville, Jungle Adventures, Vampires, Parenthood, Dining, Spa
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit a community Plot
What happens when the bug occurs? A thousand conversations pop up in the interaction bar. Canceling takes forever and often random discussions overwrite interactions you have given.
What do you expect to see? You should not be approached by all people at all times. And above all, it should not interrupt activities that you have already given up or are doing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. In this extent this happens only since the latest patch.

Okay, I never wrote anything here and I'm really patient. Sim 4 is full of bugs that drive you crazy (especially with Toddler's and Pets ~~) but that my INTROVERTED SIM who gets really tense when someone just looks at him, can't even have his peace in the spa or restaurant. That his food order is blocked, because suddenly 5 people are running towards him and chatting to him(Just happened to me. I spent 5 Sim-hours in this restaurant trying to order something ...) that he has never seen before, that is too much.
I have seen another thread here, where it was said that this is wanted. But if this is wanted, what kind of game did I play before? I have never been approached by random Sims, especially not to this extent.

Ps.: I don't even want to tell someone that random sims who i not know, standing in front of my door(no salesmen or other crap, just normal stranger danger). Thank god you can just ignore them. Just like I ignore that my cat runs amok every time someone rings the doorbell, but that is their problem ..

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 14 (3,120 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@Rhysparadox--random Sims have always approached mine when visiting community lots. they'll often be strangers (literally; introductions needed) yet magically appear in the relationships tab just because they jumped in on a conversation my Sim was having with someone else. the food issues aren't new either sadly.

it is not ideal, but has always been this way... curious to see what other people say/think.

Message 2 of 14 (3,079 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It may happen from time to time, but certainly not to this extent. Lately I only need to enter one lot and my queue is filled with sim faces. And to end these actions takes forever.
Sims 4 is getting more and more unplayable ...

Message 3 of 14 (3,075 Views)

★★ Expert
@Rhysparadox--hm. it's always been that way for me (especially in pubs). try ordering a drink... you'll be forced into a conversation with the bartender and however many Sims are sitting at the bar. if you want to chat with just one person, you'll need to form a group with them and move elsewhere.
Message 4 of 14 (3,071 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Do you even read my messages ^^''?
Can't you understand what I write because my English is not so good?

Message 5 of 14 (3,064 Views)

★★ Expert
@Rhysparadox--i am reading your messages, how else would i reply to you? what you say is clear. what do you think i'm not understanding?

i don't mean anything by my posts other than 'this has been going on for a while/isn't new'. i'm not a developer, have no magical powers, no fixes. i'm just someone like you, giving their opinion.
Message 6 of 14 (3,061 Views)

★★★★ Novice

But that is exactly what it is. It was never on this scale. If I find the patience, I can take screenshots the days what happens when I visit a lot. Because these are not the only bugs that make the game uncomfortable. As I said, the last thing before I closed the game and wrote here was: When I arrived, 5 sim faces ploped into my queque, which were elsewhere on the lot and fought their way to me. It took a long time to stop this. Then I wanted to sit down and order.

Plop, Plop, Plop, again people wanted to talk to me even though they were at the end of the plot and thus interrupted my order. When I finally made the order, I started drawing because I didn't want to talk to anybody, because my SIm was already SUPER tense.

PLOP PLOP PLOP PLOP Excuse me, may we 4 Random Sims, INTERRUPT you and talk to you?

If your game has always looked like this, you must have nuts of steel ...

Message 7 of 14 (3,048 Views)

★★ Expert
@Rhysparadox--first of all let me say your last sentence made me laugh.

yes they have always interrupted (meals, ordering drinks, random conversations, you name it) even Sims who weren't nearby, like you say elsewhere on the lot and will walk up to yours. seems like NPCs don't always choose to do other things available on the lot and always prioritise conversation. it helps a little if there's, say, a TV on a pub, that will distract some of them and you might not see as many queued up conversation bubbles.

another example is, you go to the library. you'd expect them to stick to reading/using the computers. instead they gather and chat, often try to drag your Sim into the conversation.

can it be improved? definitely! like we can 'send home' when someone visits, it would be useful to have something like 'stop talking' to remove the unwanted Sim from the conversation. might even be a welcome interaction for Loner Sims. Standard smile
Message 8 of 14 (3,045 Views)

Champion
@unseenlarks there's an option under Friendly called Goodbye that ejects that unwanted sim from the conversation.
Message 9 of 14 (3,008 Views)

★★ Expert
@simvasion--i've never seen that option when the Sim in question is yet unknown, only the possible ways there are to introduce oneself.
Message 10 of 14 (3,004 Views)