Re: Random Genetics in create a sim not working?

by Quinurth

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Random Genetics creates exact copy of one parent each time

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, get together, city living, get to work, parenthood, vampires, outdoor retreat, vintage glamour, backyard, romantic garden, spooky, perfect patio, all free stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into create a sim. Mix the genetics of two sims. Hit the random button. It will always give you a carbon copy of the body of the same gender parent when you hit the random button. The face will be different and the weight can be different but the proportions are exactly the same.
What happens when the bug occurs? The body proportions are exactly the same as the same gendered parent when hitting randomize sim in the genetics mixer.
What do you expect to see? There used to be a mix of body proportions, like shoulder width, hip size, waist size and what not.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi, 

So when I go into create a sim, the random genetics button is not working like it used to. I'm not sure when this happened, but sometime before the last one or two patches. When you try to mix two sims genetics to create a teenager, the first sim that is randomly created by the game is fine, but if you hit the randomize button it will give you an exact copy of the same gendered parents body, other than the weight slider and skin tone. It will do this every time you hit the random button. Before it used to give you a mix of body proportions. Any idea if this is a bug? 

Thanks for any help!

Kat

Edit: I have tried with CC and with no CC, the issue still happens.

Message 1 of 8 (1,360 Views)

Hero
Could you post some sample pics ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,338 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Here are a few screen shots of daughters created using the randomize daughter button.

Message 3 of 8 (1,313 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Here is the mother and more random daughter shots. I gave the mother the max for proportions to show the issue more. But it happens with any proportions. 

Message 4 of 8 (1,310 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Here are two daughters without using the randomize daughter button vs one from using it. 

Message 5 of 8 (1,307 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Here is a shot of the randomize daughter button.

Message 6 of 8 (1,298 Views)

Hero
I'm tested this before and after your pictures and still don't see this issue in my game.

Will tag this as needs input for now to see if others have this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (1,232 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Random Genetics creates exact copy of one parent each time

Hero
Added as needs input

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,198 Views)