by Sunny85B

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] [XB1] Relationship change after using clone potion

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.20.101.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Awesome Animal hats digital content, Cats and Dogs, City Living, cool kitchen stuff, dine outside, fitness stuff, get famous, get to work, jungle adventure, kids room stuff, life of the party, movie handout stuff, parenthood, perfect patio stuff, romantic garden stuff, 4 seasons, spa day, toddler stuff, up all night, vampires, vintage glamour stuff, get together, island living, realm of magic, and spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Options Not availible
What do you expect to see? I expect to see all the other options for my sims to do in the romance bubble
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

On my Xbox Console my married sims with near full love bar are no longer able to do any Romance actions other than "Offer Massage" and "serenade". This happens after I used Duplicate self Spell

Message 1 of 14 (972 Views)

Re: Romance no longer available option for grown married sims

★★★ Apprentice

Check their relationship status - are they suddenly family members? I read this bug was happening with players who used the "Change Sim" feature in the mirror and when they got out of it, their married couples suddenly became related. 

Message 2 of 14 (950 Views)

Hero
@Sunny85B Was your Sim a Skeleton at one point ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 14 (924 Views)

★★★ Novice

No it just happened. Nothing changed it still says they're married. Both have magic and both are immortal but they've been that way for a while

Message 4 of 14 (901 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrictI just figureddout what happened... not exactly sure how it happened but now they are siblings.... one was duplicated in the family tree and somehow they're married and siblings... I think it has to to with the self duplication spell. when I duplicated my sims self it messed with the family tree as well. right now looking at the family tree it show that my sims are married and added the duplicate sims as brothers to the sim that is married to.

Message 5 of 14 (893 Views)

Hero
@Sunny85B Did you go to CAS with them ?

There's this bug: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INFO-Partnered-Sims-turn-into-siblings/td-p/8458978

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (857 Views)

★★★ Novice

CAS? no. I don't know how to do that on console

Message 7 of 14 (829 Views)

Hero
@Sunny85B Like when you plan outfit or change Sim on the mirror/dresser. You should be able to do that on console as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (807 Views)

★★★ Novice

It doesn't work. It says they're married not related there then when I go to the relationship section it shows up as Spouse and Sibling. 

Message 9 of 14 (781 Views)

Hero
@Sunny85B What I mean is did you go to CAS (to plan outfit/change Sim) BEFORE this relationship change happened (cause that would be a known issue)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (761 Views)