by Simmie99

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Wand and Broom Collection has unavailable recolors

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Packs, NO CC , NO Mods in my game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the collectibles panel after you've collected several magical artefacts
What happens when the bug occurs? The Magical Artefacts collectibles tab shows there are 26 artefacts to collect (see screen 1), but there are 56 thumbnails (of which 30 double, just different color options). When filled with all the artefacts (some via Debug) there are 55 thumbnails filled, 1 empty (number 28) while the game says I fulfilled the collection. The tab now shows 26 + 29 collectibles (= 55) are needed. (see screen 2)
What do you expect to see? 26 thumbnails without double thumbnails and no empty thumbnail(s) when collection is complete.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing Realm of Magic

See message aboveScreen 1 Magische Artefacten ook FOUT 1.PNGScreen 2 Magische Artefacten FOUT 1.PNG

Message 1 of 14 (484 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] BuyDebug Collectibles showing in Household Collection

★ Guide

I don't know if this is a bug, an oversight or intentional but it's weird. The IL and RoM collections seem plumped up with repeats. Same item different colors. It definitely needs some sorting out.

I haven't played with RoM enough yet to read all the descriptions, but in IL the treasure descriptions seem intended to tell a "story," but it's made tedious by too much repetition.

Very disappointing.

Message 2 of 14 (420 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] BuyDebug Collectibles showing in Household Collection

★★★★ Novice

As from the 27th object the descriptions are the same as the same objects in the first 27. :-(

Message 3 of 14 (400 Views)

Missing Wand Recolors

★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play for a few weeks and not get any wand recolors
What happens when the bug occurs? Wand recolors can't be had by purchase or duelling. My collector Sim has about a hundred wands, and none of them are recolors. And the game thinks she's completed the collection.
What do you expect to see? I expect all the wands to be available for collection. There's rare, and then there's nonexistent.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'd attach a screenshot, but I can't take a shot of something that isn't there. My Sim has all ten of the lesser wand colors, but the recolors just won't come. I'm accustomed to having to work for the rare ones, but some of these wands are not rare. My Sim does nothing but duel anymore, and goes to the shop every day. Nada. I'd like to complete this collection and move on.

Message 4 of 14 (387 Views)

Re: Missing Wand Recolors

Hero
@JulianneALee Could you possibly be having this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-BuyDebug-Collectibles-showing-in-Household/m-p... ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (360 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict This appears to be it, except that I couldn't find any of the RoM collectibles in buydebug, and the only collectibles I couldn't find are the recolors of the wands. In IL it took forEVER to get the rare recolors, but I eventually did. The wands just aren't happening. Is there a fix for this, or am I just waiting for a patch?
Message 6 of 14 (345 Views)

Hero
@JulianneALee If you can't find them, I doubt there's anything you can do at this point but wait for a fix.

I've merged your post with the other

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 14 (342 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Thanks for doing what you could.
Message 8 of 14 (324 Views)

Unable to purchase or win wand recolours

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Purchase wand in the caster's alley or win wands by duelling. For comparison, do the same with brooms.
What happens when the bug occurs? All of the recoloured brooms are available for purchase (on a rotating basis) in caster's alley, and can be won by duelling. None of the recoloured wands can be purchased or won.
What do you expect to see? Wand recolours available for purchase or as rewards for winning duels.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Has been the case since Realm of Magic came out. Unaffected by patches.

I have won/purchased approximately 150 wands and 165 brooms across two saves, using seven teen and adult sims ranging from Neophyte to multiple ranks of Virtuoso spell-caster.

I have been able to purchase all of the recoloured brooms in caster's alley and/or win them via duelling, having multiple copies of each recolour and winning them on a fairly regular basis. 

I have never won or been able to purchase a recoloured wand.

I could not give an exact figure, but would estimate that I have won over 70 duels across these seven caster sims. I have never had a recoloured wand as a reward. I have never seen one available for purchase in caster's alley. I have never found one while searching for tomes in the bookshelves.

Given these statistics, I would state with some confidence that there is some sort of bug or error preventing the wand recolours from being available for purchase or as rewards.

I have also seen this reported on the Sims forums, but I am unsure whether it has been reported here.

ETA: Edited to add game version number. 

Message 9 of 14 (307 Views)

Re: Unable to purchase or win wand recolours

Hero
@missdeefying I'm guessing your issue is the same as this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-BuyDebug-Collectibles-showing-in-Household/m-p... ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (273 Views)

Need help?

We’re happy to help with your account, troubleshooting, and gameplay questions.

Contact us on EA Help

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help