Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ROM] Spellcasters can't teleport to places with no stairs

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a spellcaster sim with the Transportalate spell. Try to teleport to some unreachable place - roof or basement with no stairs. UPDATE: "Always Transportalate" should be on for this bug to occur.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim cannot teleport, as the Transportalate spell is not teleporting, but just fast-travelling like vampiric abilities.
What do you expect to see? Transportalate spell should be actual teleporting, just like teleportation ability gained from wellness skill. UPDATE: Transportalate spell should be actual teleporting REGARDLESS if "Always Transportalate" option is on or off.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.58.69.1010

I noticed this after 1.58.69.1010, though maybe it already happened after DU, but I didn't play DU before 1.58.69.1010 so I cannot say for sure. 1.59.73.1020 didn't fix it, so now I am reporting here.

Most bugs with the Transportalate spell were fixed till now, though the new one is now added.

Transportalate spell used to be actual teleporting, same as we can gain from the wellness skill, but faster and more convenient. I have designed several of my mages houses in a way only mages with the Transportalate spell could reach some parts of these houses (basements with no stairs, for example). Rebuilding everything is not an option, so now I have to play with a slow teleportation from wellness, please, fix this ASAP.

UPDATE: "Always Transportalate" should be on for this bug to occur.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 8 (1,619 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Spellcasters can't teleport to places with no stairs

Hero

Spellcasters have reviewed the terms of their “Always Transportalate” Spell and now can actually teleport anywhere, even places with stairs.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (1,129 Views)

All Replies

Re: [UNSURE] [ROM] Spellcasters can't teleport to places with no stairs

Hero
@rostsit So basically the same as this report for Vamps: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-V-Vampires-can-t-fly-to-spaces-you-can-t-route-too-the/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,578 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict Yes, but I have never considered the case with the vamps as a bug, I believe it is by design. Vampires NEVER could do that, even in the Sims 2 - only mages could teleport anywhere, vampires couldn't.

Nevertheless, I would agree that the new Vampires ability - Teleport as the mist - sounds like it also should be able to teleport anywhere.

Message 3 of 8 (1,571 Views)

Hero
@rostsit Yeah, it's been inconclusive for Vamps but for me it's the same argument ? Why can't I fly somewhere just because there's no stairs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,565 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Well, in case this is a basement (not a roof), you can't fly underground if there is no real entrance Standard smile I believe the game's engine is not that perfect to be able to recognize if flying is possible to a specific place, so they just have put a limitation for everything.

But actual teleporting should work, and in fact - for spellcasters it worked before the patch. For vampires it never worked, not even in previous games, so for me this is not an issue. But I am not against removing the limitations for "Teleport as the Mist" option.

Message 5 of 8 (1,561 Views)

★ Novice
@rostsit I have found that turning off always teleportalate and the using the spell to the area worked for me with the latest build and all packs loaded
Message 6 of 8 (1,378 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I confirm this. 

After the latest patches, it is possible to teleport when "Always" option is off.

So the bug now is a bit different - Spellcasters can't teleport to places with no stairs when "Always Teleportalate" is on.

I will update the OP.

Message 7 of 8 (1,352 Views)

Hero

Spellcasters have reviewed the terms of their “Always Transportalate” Spell and now can actually teleport anywhere, even places with stairs.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,130 Views)