Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ROM] Spellcaster XP bar loops after max level/ no more points

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all Expansions,Gamepacks and Stuffpacks installed as well as the two free packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure. It happened while over maxing my spellcaster sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? When levelling up beyond virtuoso the XP bar maxes out and then resets not granting the skill point and making it impossible to unlock any further perks.
What do you expect to see? The bar to not reset and to gain a skillpoint for my spellcaster sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This glitch once happened before on a previous save but rectified itself. Unfortunately this is a new save and i don't have any to roll back to. I have never used cheats on this save. Im unsure how to fix it but i can't unlock any more perks now. It maxes the bar as seen in the screenshot, goes to the next level, doesn't credit the talent point and then resets back to being full.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 26 (5,969 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [Fixed] [LL] [ROM] Spellcaster XP bar loops after max level/ no more points

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Fixed in Patch 1.89.214/1.60

• Already powerful Spellcasters that seemed “stuck” will now receive additional perk points when the XP bar fills to maximum. Need I warn you all that fixing this was probably a bad idea? Does the world really need more powerful Spellcasters? This is how you get magical super villains!

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 26 of 26 (2,472 Views)

All Replies

Re: Spellcaster Leveling Bug

Hero
@Luca_T818 This sounds a lot like the Vampire bug that was fixed: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-V-Not-able-to-level-up-gain-points-past-Grandmaster-leve...

Is that what you're seeing ?

There was also this issue with spellcasters that got fixed. That's not what you're seeing again, right: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Spellcaster-Level-Reset/m-p/8190579 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 26 (5,871 Views)

★★★ Novice

It seems to be neither of those, Essentially this is a new save i made for eco living and the leveling was working fine. For some reason after i overmaxxed around 4 times it just stopped working and looping as i described, It went from perfectly working to just getting stuck. I wasn't even able to fix it with commands as i was recommended using commands but that did not work either. All current perks and level remain the same. The best way to put it is if this is my fifth overmax, when it goes to the sixth it does not award any points and then goes back to the fifth at 100% on the XP bar as seen in the screenshot

Message 3 of 26 (5,862 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have been having this exact problem on one, and only one, spellcaster in my main save. She was freshly created in CAS and doesn't have any bloodline trait. She doesn't lose any points or levels, she just doesn't get anything from finishing an exp bar and it resets to near full once she stops the exp-giving activity. I just figured she was irreparably glitched out for no apparent reason, since none of my other spellcasters have developed the same problem. The problem started immediately after the family moved into a new home in Strangerville, if that helps any.

This has been happening since circa the Tiny Living patch, if not before that, so should be unrelated to the Eco Lifestyle patch and pack.

Message 4 of 26 (5,826 Views)

★★★ Novice

This would line up exactly with what im experiencing, before tiny living released i took a break and came back when eco released so i wouldn't have known. My sim also lacks any bloodline traits as in CAS he was normal and i went to the magic realm in order to make him a spellcaster. Unlike the previous issues to the spellcasting levels it seems to be unrelated to bloodline.

Message 5 of 26 (5,792 Views)

Hero
@Luca_T818 @goldwine

So to make sure I get this right (phrasing in my own words)

You have maxed out the spellcaster levels and now you gain experience as normal but once it's full, the bar goes back to 0 and normally you would get points but that part doesn't happen.

So it's like you leveling up further but aren't awarded points for it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 26 (5,779 Views)

★★★ Novice

Essentially, Yes. The bar is currently at 100% and if i do anything that gives spellcaster XP it resets the bar, does not award the point, and then resets back to 100% once the activity that awards XP is finished, (Such as experimenting via a cauldron.) It randomly occurred as i was able to overmax a few times before it randomly got stuck like this.

Message 7 of 26 (5,767 Views)

Hero
@Luca_T818 Thank you for clarifying.

I will mark this as needs input to see how many other people are affected by this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 26 (5,753 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Luca_T818 summed it up, so just consider this confirmation. The bar ticks over without giving the point and appears to gain exp as normal until the sim stops the activity, if it's something continuous like practicing magic or experimenting on the cauldron. Then the bar snaps back to 99.9% (not 0), still with no point awarded. If she casts a spell, the bar snaps back immediately with no point awarded.

Message 9 of 26 (5,722 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Spellcaster XP bar loops after max level/ no more points

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

It sounds like the same bug in this one, there is a video... Different description (maybe better) but the same bug...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INFO-ROM-Spellcaster-XP-bar-loads-unloads-rapidly/td-p/8...

Message 10 of 26 (5,681 Views)