Re: Sims 4 - Virtuoso Spellcaster - "You need to rank up more" for mor

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Spellcaster Leveling Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I had to use cheats to fix this issue...as a workaround..but it fixed it for me.
I had same issue of XP bar load fully then unload, with no points given.
But with cheat, able to restore it back so XP bar loads normally when practicing magic, using magic, etc and gives Talent point

To do this:
Had to use go to Cheat Console with CTRL SHIFT C and enable cheats: Testingcheats True

Then typed: stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_WitchOccult_WitchXP 50

This would bring my level back to Neophyte Spellcaster rank and would refund my Talent points back and whatever cause the XP bar to load rapidly to return to normal.

Instead of Neophyte level (50), I could probably use 350 or 850 to other ranks and might still work.

After that, to bring back up to Virtuoso, I used: stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_WitchOccult_WitchXP 2350

To get extra Talent point, then would use: stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_WitchOccult_WitchXP 2850

But only did that once or twice as I had went through Practicing Magic and Experimenting numerous times so just getting back what I should have got.

Anyway, once it was fixed, I turned cheats off with: Testingcheats False
Turned off Cheat console with CTRL SHIFT C again

I then bought perks of ones I originally had and continued leveling up as normal.

Testing leveling up by practicing magic and experimenting and XP bar now loads up normally and when gets to the end, gives you a point and goes down.

Now I can continue playing.

Message 11 of 26 (2,846 Views)

★★★ Novice

This worked for me. Thank you. 

Message 12 of 26 (2,778 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Confirming here it worked for me also, on a relatively new spellcaster who got stuck at 17 perk points. He's the third spellcaster sim to bug out on me while several others have made it to filling out all their perks without issue.

Message 13 of 26 (2,715 Views)

Sims 4 - Virtuoso Spellcaster - "You need to rank up more" for more training

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? - Get to Work - Seasons - Cats & Dogs - Paranormal Stuff - Spooky Pack - Vampires - Realm of Magic - Strangerville
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It is a fault with the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? My character is fully ranked in both aspirations to become a spellcaster. I have learnt all the potions and spells and am at the Virtuoso rank. Yet my game wont let me progress because whenever I try to ask the sages for more training in Mischief, Untamed and Practical magic, they say that I am not ready and need to rank up first? I can see online that other people are having this problem yet I haven't seen a solution. I don't have any mods activated.
What do you expect to see? The sims should let me progress as I am the highest rank.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have inserted the screenshot of the message that the character says with my rank.

Message 14 of 26 (2,629 Views)

Hero
@Louise_Fattizzo You said you learned all the spells/potions. What else do you want to learn from the sages ? The message is a bit odd but ranking up is tied to using magic afair while you learn spells from the sages.

Can you level up by just practicing/using more spells ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 26 (2,606 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the reply!

Yes so I have learnt all the spells and potions but because of the message I have spent literally ages experimenting on the cauldron and practising magic to rank up but nothing is happening. I am assuming from the message that I still have something to achieve but then it won't ever let me do it. Very strange... I have even disabled mods which people suggested online to other users but it didn't work either.

Kind regards,

Louise

Message 16 of 26 (2,573 Views)

Hero
@Louise_Fattizzo Sounds like this issue then: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Spellcaster-XP-bar-loops-after-max-level-no-mo...

Virtuoso is the top level you can't really gain more levels so it sounds like you're XP got stuck after reaching top level ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 26 (2,566 Views)

Hero
@Louise_Fattizzo si the bug above what you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 26 (2,529 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh that may well be it yes! It does feel like the XP bar is just looping so maybe that explains why I am getting those spellcaster messages too!

Kind regards,

Louise

Message 19 of 26 (2,512 Views)

Hero
@Louise_Fattizzo I merged your thread then. Make sure to click me too on that first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 26 (2,499 Views)