by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Sims getting stuck in RoM building

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except My first pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the magic realm make your witch use broom and fly to the central building's 2nd floor. It will most likely land on the small "garden" (flower) patch with a cauldron and gets stuck in the surrounding flowers.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the sim lands with a broom or is teleported there, it has no routing away from the build object flowers and becomes literally stuck. Happens to NPCs as well. Resetting the sim doesn't help. All actions becomes cancelled and the sim just waves hand thinking of the flowers it is stuck in. Your sim will remain stuck permanently, if you don't save up and go play another household that knows the stuck sim and invite that sim over to visit the household. Once the stuck sim arrives for the visit, you can ask it to leave, save the game and change back to play the stuck sim household and you will continue playing the sim from the front road of the other household the sim visited.
What do you expect to see? Sims not getting stuck and eventually die to the spot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Realm of Magic issue since it happens in that world's building.

Didn't take a screenshot of the situation.

Message 1 of 7 (1,002 Views)

Re: Sims getting stuck in RoM building

★★★★ Pro

I can confirm I've noticed the same issue (sims getting stuck on the top floor in some flowers), though I didn't have any sims die, they just got really smelly. Standard smile  I tried resetting the stuck sims by shift clicking and using the reset option on a few of them and that didn't help them get unstuck. I exited and went back in on a different day (after also deleting my localthumbcache file) and the sims were still stuck in the same location, however, they were no longer dirty so it appeared their needs reset.  I ended up using the bb.enablefreebuild cheat to remove the plants and the sims were then able to leave. I use no mods/cc, have all the packs and am on game version PC 1.55.105.1020. I attach a couple of pictures that show where the sims were stuck (this was taken when I played previously so they were smelly.

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 2 of 7 (980 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you for the cheat! I didn't know it.

Message 3 of 7 (954 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Gwiniel  you’re welcome!

Best regards,

Jennifer 

Message 4 of 7 (945 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Sims getting stuck in RoM building

★★★★ Pro
@crinrictGwiniel If it's a sim in your played household there's a workaround. Use the cheat testingscheats true, choose the stuck sim as the played sim, hold Shift button and click somewhere where they can't get stuck, choose "teleport here".
Message 5 of 7 (840 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@MapleSimmer Is there anyway u can fix this same issue on a console? I'm on PS4 and I can NOT figure this out. I'm stuck too in the garden and idk how to unstick myself.
Message 6 of 7 (681 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@LittleLioness96 If it’s your own sim that’s stuck, have you tried travelling away from Magic HQ? Are you trying to avoid using cheats since you’re on console, ie so as not to disable trophies? If not, you can use the cheat I mentioned above (bb.enablefreebuild) to remove the items in the way. I’ve put an edited version of Magic HQ on the gallery that removes a few of the items that cause my sims to get stuck, but placing it does require the aforementioned cheat. 🙂

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 7 of 7 (674 Views)