by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

Shirt with Vest has Incorrect Swatches

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventures, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Luxury Party Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look for the male ROM shirt with vest in CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? The palette swatches and the actual shirt+vest colours aren't the same. See pictures below. Also, the top row of the palette only shows one colour for each swatch, i.e. the swatches of the top row don't show both the colour of the vest and the shirt.
What do you expect to see? That the shirt actually exists in the colours the palette shows and that the swatches are correct.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The top row of the palette only show one of the colours for the shirt+vest combination. The bottom row of the palette have swatches that aren't the same as the actual shirt colours. There are three white shirts with black vests. The wine-red shirt has a purple swatch, and the wine-red swatch is one of the three white shirts.

WrongColour1.png

First swatch on second row of palette. Swatch shows grey shirt. The shirt is white.

WrongColour2.png

Second swatch on second row of palette. Swatch shows purple shirt.The shirt is wine-red (which is the swatch one step to the right).

WrongColour3.png

Third swatch on second row of palette. Swatch shows wine-red shirt. The shirt is white.

WrongColour4.png

Fourth swatch on second row of palette. Swatch shows dark grey shirt. The shirt is white.

Also, there's no actual swatch for white shirt with black west, even though that alternative exists in three of the other swatches. The white shirt and black west combination shouldn't be removed, it should get an own swatch.

Message 1 of 3 (834 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Shirt with Vest has Incorrect Swatches

★★★★ Pro

OMG, they look different from the back! I didn't notice until now! 🤦🏼

I do think the swatches, as in all of the swatches, are misleading though. Especially since the ones on the upper row don't even show that the back of the vest might look different than the front. I think the swatch should show the colour of the shirt too.

Vest1.png2022-05-31_15-44-22.png

Swatch shows: Cream
Actual look: Black shirt, cream vest-front, light grey vest-back

What I expect the swatch to look like: Black, cream, light grey

Vest2.png2022-05-31_15-45-55.png

Swatch shows: Light grey
Actual look: Black shirt, light grey vest-front, patterned blue vest-back

What I expect the swatch to look like: Black, light grey, blue (or black, light grey, patterned blue)

Vest3.png2022-05-31_15-46-25.png

Swatch shows: Wine-red
Actual look: White shirt, wine-red vest-front, black vest-back

What I expect the swatch to look like: White, wine-red, black

Vest4.png2022-05-31_15-47-00.png

Swatch shows: Dark green
Actual look: Cream shirt, dark green vest

What I expect the swatch to look like: Cream and dark green

Vest5.png2022-05-31_15-47-50.png

Swatch shows: Brown
Actual look: Dark brown shirt, brown vest-front, patterned dark green vest-back

What I expect the swatch to look like: Dark brown, brown, dark green (or dark brown, brown, patterned dark green)

WrongColour1.png2022-05-31_15-24-28.png

Swatch shows: Black and grey
Actual look: White shirt, black vest-front, patterned grey vest-back

What I expect the swatch to look like: White, black, grey (or white, black, patterned grey)

WrongColour2.png2022-05-31_15-24-29.png

Swatch shows: Black and purple
Actual look: Wine-red shirt, black vest-front, patterned purple vest-back

What I expect the swatch to look like: Wine-red, black, purple (or wine-red, black, patterned purple)

WrongColour3.png2022-05-31_15-24-31.png

Swatch shows: Black and wine-red
Actual look: White shirt, black vest-front, patterned wine-red vest-back

What I expect the swatch to look like: White, black, wine-red (or white, black, patterned wine-red)

WrongColour4.png2022-05-31_15-24-32.png

Swatch shows: Black and dark grey
Actual look: White shirt, black vest

What I expect the swatch to look like: White and black

Message 2 of 3 (453 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Shirt with Vest has Incorrect Swatches

Champion

@SqueamishNerd , I have noticed that on so many CAS items (and probably some B&B items as well, though I'm not a builder) ! 😓   It is very frustrating and confusing! 😖

Almost as bad are the times that the swatches might be right, but there are 2 swatches that appear identical! I'm usually very good at detecting slight variations in color, but unless it is my monitor or some other graphics setting, some of the swatches look the same on some items. 😓

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 3 (351 Views)