Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ROM] Sage Got a Job and Random Townie Became Sage

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Vampires, Jungle Adventures, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Kids Room Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you don't have enough townies having townie-jobs this could happen.
What happens when the bug occurs? A sage gets a townie job and stops being a sage.
What do you expect to see? That sages will always be sages, if not moved into a household.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So, Simeon Silversweater just became a barista at a festival, so now he's not a sage any more. So now a random townie is the sage of practical magic. I don't think this thing should be able to happen, the sages shouldn't be able to get townie jobs, or any jobs at all if not moved into a household.

Message 1 of 23 (4,370 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [ROM] Sage Got a Job and Random Townie Became Sage

Hero

Random non Spellcaster Sims no longer will show up as being Sages.
○ Impostors have been dealt with. Thank you for your cooperation.
○ That’s probably who I was playing chess against.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Don't know if this fixes already affected sages.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 23 of 23 (4,180 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sage Became Barista and Random Townie Bacame Sage

★★★ Apprentice

I hate this and can't really find a fix for Sages becoming other NPCs.

As far as randos, you can go into Manage Households, delete that Sim and the original Sage should return to their actual duties.

Message 2 of 23 (4,319 Views)

Re: Sage Became Barista and Random Townie Bacame Sage

★★★★★ Guide

Sounds to me that it's one of those cases where the game crowbars a Sim into certain roles like that, regardless of their job. ._.

Message 3 of 23 (4,253 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Sage Became Barista and Random Townie Became Sage

★★ Pro
In my game, all 3 sages stepped down and 3 new sages are generated. They still don't have separate job but they stepped down when I set them as global superstars,I didn't play them at all. Just edited Morgyn's face in CAS, and then 3 of the premade sages became my club members as global superstars. They are still set to unplayed sims but now they're not sages any more.
Message 4 of 23 (4,172 Views)

Random sims are Sages

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except Moschino stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? visit the magic HQ after befriending the sages
What happens when the bug occurs? Random sims are the sages instead of the original ones upon returning to the magic HQ.
What do you expect to see? I expect sages to be sages for the entirety of their lives.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Instead of seeing the same sims as sages in the Magic HQ every time you visit, Its different randomly generated sims. since you have to be friends to have the sages teach you this is a very annoying feature!

Message 5 of 23 (4,180 Views)

Re: Random sims are Sages

Champion
@Andrea058523 do they still appear in Manage Households, or were they deleted by the game through automatic culling?

I haven't seen this happen in my game, but I always move all important characters, like the sages, Father Winter, Romance Guru, etc to the My Households tab where they are protected.
Message 6 of 23 (4,173 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I seem to recall in the Sims team live stream about the pack they said that occasionally the sages will be replaced if the original sage is indisposed, even if it's temporarily (they mentioned this when they used the morphiate spell on Morgyn in the stream).  I know I just visited Magic Headquarters with my sims and there was a temporary replacement for Morgyn.  I could tell Morgyn was still around in the world as my sim had the option to reconcile differences between another sim and Morgyn. I have not tried to play with Morgyn, so he wasn't missing due to anything I had done with him.Standard smile I did check and he's still showing as Not in the World.  I use no mods/cc, have all the packs and am on the most recent version of the game (PC 1.55.108.1020) 

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 7 of 23 (4,162 Views)

★ Guide

yes they are still in the households tab, in fact Morgyn is at HQ, just not as a sage. I havent played any of the sage households. 

Message 8 of 23 (4,152 Views)

Hero
@Andrea058523 There's an issue with the sages being forced into other roles and then loosing their status.

Could that be what happened ?

Here's the thread for that: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Sage-Became-Barista-and-Random-Townie-Became/t...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 23 (4,137 Views)

★ Guide

yes actually, Morgyn appears to have taken a job at a food stall for reasons unkown. dont know about the other one but likely the same

Message 10 of 23 (4,102 Views)