[NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Potion of Prompt Resurrection puts sim in dying loop in fire

by rosemagwin

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Potion of Prompt Resurrection puts sim in dying loop in fire

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except Island Living, most gamepacks except Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure and Strangerville. Stuff packs I have: Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night and Laundry Day (as well as the two free bonuses)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Step 1: Have a sim drink a potion of Prompt Resurrection [ROM] Step 2: Create a fire on the lot, works best on an empty floortile (I used Inferniate from ROM to do this) Step 3: Get your sim as much on the fire tile as possible, then wait for them to catch fire Step 4: Wait until the sim dies by fire
What happens when the bug occurs? So the sim dies of fire, then resurrects. Then, because the fire is still on the same tile, they burn to death again. Then get resurrected again and as long as the fire remains on the same tile again, they keep burning to death. This only stops when the fire on their locations fizzles out or is doused. I think I died about six times in a row before it stopped.
What do you expect to see? After the resurrection I expect the sim to either be able to: A) leave the tile safely or B) catch fire again, giving them another chance to douse themselves
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I got curious if the potion's effect lasted even after death or if it was consumed and I'm glad to say that after my experiment that it did stay.

Message 1 of 4 (2,152 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Potion of Prompt Resurrection puts sim in dying loop in

Hero

@rosemagwin  I haven't seen this happen since I haven't experimented with that potion yet, but for some reason, this is something I have got to try just to see it happen.  And it makes me wonder, what will happen if you have a sim with low motives drown after drinking one of those potions.  Will it go into an endless death cycle or something?  At least the fire eventually did go out.

Message 2 of 4 (2,093 Views)

★★★ Novice
@CGrant56 Yeah, was having the same thoughts exactly. The potion is a bit funky in it's behaviour.
Message 3 of 4 (2,054 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My sim died from a fire. And despite having both immortality and prompt resurrection, death still showed up and collected my sims soul. And since she was the only sim, that save is no longer usable.

Not sure why the potion didn't work because my sim still passed away.

Message 4 of 4 (759 Views)