by Xopharios

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Persistent Active Familiar Moodlet

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Transportalate into a cramped room with an active familiar, then save-exit and re-enter. (See Below)
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim Magic Caster keeps the 'Active Familiar' moodlet even when the Familiar has been despawned
What do you expect to see? The Active Familiar moodlet should disappear. In addition, the familiar should not spawn in another room in the first place. If the sim WALKS into the room, the familiar follows just fine even if it is cramped.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Enter any lot with your Magic Caster and summon a familiar
  2. TRANSPORTALATE somewhere cramped in the lot. (See image for example). It must be a teleport, because when you do the familiar spawns outside of the room the sim's in, or in a wall.
  3. Save and: 'Go to Manage Worlds', or 'Exit Game', or 'Exit to Menu'. Just leave your current game and save it.
  4. Re-Enter lot, the familiar will be gone and a notification will appear "{sim's}'s familiar needs more room to answer their master's summons."
  5. The 'Active Familiar' moodlet will persist

Here are some additional images to help express the issue. Thanks, and happy bug patching! 

Edit: It seems that just being  in the cramped room, even if the familiar successfully follows you in(walking or teleportation), will still trigger this bug after following steps 3 to 5, but not always...maybe 80% of the time.

Crampt!.png

NoFamiliar!.png

Message 1 of 3 (1,596 Views)

Re: Persistent Active Familiar Moodlet

Hero
@Xopharios I can duplicate this but it's easy fixable by summoning the familiar again and dismissing.

Does that work for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (1,567 Views)

Re: Persistent Active Familiar Moodlet

★★★ Novice

It does, and thanks for the reply!

I also felt the developers should be aware of this tiny bug for a future patch. I'm not too concerned about it though as it doesn't affect gameplay too much aside from occasionally having to summon and unsummon the familiar in order to remove the confident +1 (always kept my sim confident lol)

Message 3 of 3 (1,539 Views)