by DracuAlice2017

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] No Teen Scaling for Spellcasters

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.55
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hop into CAS, create a spellcaster, then change their age to Teen from Young Adult
What happens when the bug occurs? The spellcaster's body doesn't scale down (hips, bust, etc.) as it normally does for teenage Sims. AKA the teen body looks exactly the same as the Young Adult body. This is especially obvious for Sims with the feminine body type. Other occults and human Sims have teen scaling as normal.
What do you expect to see? Teens to not look exactly the same as their Young Adult body.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Install Realm of Magic

Basically what the report info says. There is normally some differences between the Teen and Young Adult lifestates, but there isn't for spellcasters.

Message 1 of 5 (1,266 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] No Teen Scaling for Spellcasters

Hero (Retired)

This happens on PS4. My spellcaster child aged up from a child to a young adult body. She didn't look like a teen at all.

Message 2 of 5 (1,080 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I noticed this a few weeks ago. I hadn't played with spellcasters for a while and decided to play with them. I saw this and I haven't played with younger spellcasters as it is quite annoying. The teens look like adults with a little change in the cheeks, but no where else.

Message 3 of 5 (1,043 Views)

★★★ Guide

Logan Saluni YA vs Teen.png

This is my spellcaster, Logan Saluni. The left picture is where he is a Young Adult, the right picture being where he is a Teen.

Message 4 of 5 (1,032 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

01-18-20_1-09-00 AM.png Logan YA vs Teen Headshot.png

The same sim as in my other photo I shared. Here, YA Logan (Left) and Teen Logan (Right) look practically the same in the face as well. The only difference being no facial hair and a little bit of a change in the cheeks, but nothing else. Teen Logan just looks like YA Logan but without stubble. There is no scaling in the face as well as the body shape.

Message 5 of 5 (1,029 Views)