Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ROM] Magic duel at duel grounds canceling

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Challenge someone to a magical duel at the dueling grounds.
What happens when the bug occurs? The two sims make their way to the dueling ground, then they return to where the challenge was made, then the action is cancelled.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see them go to the dueling grounds and duel.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When trying to challenge a sim to a magical duel at the dueling grounds, the two sims go to the dueling grounds, then they return to where the challenge was made and the action is cancelled.

Message 1 of 18 (2,475 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [ROM] Magic duel at duel grounds canceling

Hero

“Challenge to Magic Duel at Dueling Grounds” performed by a broom and non-broom using duelist will now take place at the dueling grounds.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (2,359 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 4 Realm of Magic dueling bug

Hero
@VirazolKaineZ I tried this a few times and sometimes they returned to the spot in the middle but I never had them cancel the interaction.

Just to be sure: Did you also delete your localthumbcache file after removing mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (2,444 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Magic duel at duel grounds canceling

EA Sims Team

Hello @VirazolKaineZ 

Is this occurring for you all the time?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 18 (2,392 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict I'm not sure where that file is located, if it's in the mods folder then it's not there now.

@SimQARobo Most of the time, yes.  I may have had 1 or two successful duel attempts after my Sim learned to teleport.

Message 4 of 18 (2,359 Views)

Hero
@VirazolKaineZ It's in documents directly. No subfolder.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 18 (2,353 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Then yeah, I've deleted it
Message 6 of 18 (2,313 Views)

Hero
@VirazolKaineZ Which option do you use for your Sim to move around ? Could you test if you get the same issue with normal walk ? (like not broom and not teleport)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 18 (2,287 Views)

EA Sims Team

@VirazolKaineZ 

If you could share a video of the issue, that may be helpful also. 

Instructions on how to share video are here if you need:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 18 (2,254 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had this happen also. My magic sim was riding a broom. When I chose "never use brooms" they would actually walk to the magic grounds and duel.

With the broom, my magic sim flys to the dueling grounds but the other sim doesn't show up. Then my sim flys back to where they started. Sometimes they duel, sometimes they don't

Message 9 of 18 (2,211 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

A save file for this issue would also be helpful, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

Message 10 of 18 (2,118 Views)