by rosemagwin

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Learned the same Ultimate Spell twice in a row

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except Island Living, most gamepacks except Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure and Strangerville. Stuff packs I have: Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night and Laundry Day (as well as the two free bonusses)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? - Have a spellcaster sim with all spells except the ultimate spells - Go to the magic realm and have your sim talk to one of the three people that can give you an ultimate spell - Keep talking until at least one or more of these sims join the conversation - Request the ultimate spell from on of these sims (in my case, I went with the Mischief spell) - After you gained the spell successfully and while still in the same group conversation, request the ultimate spell from one of the other grand wizards. (In my case, I tried requesting it from the Practical Magic dude)
What happens when the bug occurs? The switch for the different ultimate spell doesn't happen, instead the sim will learn an ultimate spell twice of the same type(in my case Strangeify) It doesn't have actual repercussions, it's just weird.
What do you expect to see? First learn the mischief spell, then the practical spell, not the same mischief spell twice.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Haven't tried and recreate it just yet, but I think the repro steps should suffice. Don't think it's a high priority bug in the slightest, just found the interaction to be weird.

Message 1 of 1 (367 Views)