Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ROM] LE with song license and Magic aspiration

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sell a song using guitar, receive a royalty then take the magic aspiration.
What happens when the bug occurs? dislocated sims, no [consistent song] royalty payments, no magic 'needs' ui.
What do you expect to see? royalty payments, smooth gameplay and RoM working.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Realm of Magic.

Selected RoM aspiration, and it glitched (see above)... Was using mccc when this occurred and their last exception notice - removed mod, played again, went to a previous save, but since I'd already 'sold' a song, it glitched.I did saves from different games - same issue, new game, same issue once I sold a song (using guitar - did not try other instruments - but then again I don't have weeks to determine all the possible variations). I've repaired, folder refresh, folder refresh and repair, and I'm now doing a complete re-install of everything. Since I have several hours, I was hoping someone might have some insight? 

Message 2 of 10 (1,702 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [ROM] LE with song license and Magic aspiration

Hero

Spellcasters with the Spellcraft and Sorcery aspiration will no longer reset or cause a LastException after writing songs.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (1,033 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] Programming Video Games not earning my sim any money

★★★★★ Novice

Similar issue with royalties after RoM install on Win10 tested multiple saves, did repair/folder refresh/folder refresh - repair/ currently reinstalling - only difference, my royalties come from guitar/song mccc gave me a last exception report first time - currently no mods, though I do load mccc after getting an error, always the same report, then I try another solution sans mods. I like RoM, I wanna play RoM - it's making me crazy. If reinstalling works, I'll let you know.

Message 1 of 10 (1,655 Views)

Re: Guitar Royalty/Realm of Magic Aspiration glitch

Hero

I tested this but I get no issues with my UI (was able to duplicate the LE). 

Could you post a picture of the gliched UI ?

Also, what do you mean by dislocated Sims ?

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>9373c5108fb7f7755d7ca569</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2019-09-14 10:43:38</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.55.105.1020-1.200.000.408.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>unlock_tracker.py:126</categoryid><desyncid>9373c5108fb7f7755d7ca569</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception raised while trying to run a test event in test_events.py: (AttributeError: type object 'musicTrack_Guitar_Written_03_Play' has no attribute 'tuning_tags')&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;Caught and logged:&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\commands.py", line 369, in invoke_command&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\server_commands\aspiration_commands.py", line 23, in set_primary_track&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\distributor\fields.py", line 145, in __set__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_info.py", line 1000, in primary_aspiration&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\aspirations\aspirations.py", line 129, in initialize_aspiration&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\aspirations\aspirations.py", line 112, in _activate_aspiration&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\aspirations\aspirations.py", line 146, in process_test_events_for_aspiration&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\event_manager_service.py", line 237, in process_test_events_for_objective_updates&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\event_manager_service.py", line 371, in _process_test_event&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\test_events.py", line 171, in wrapper&#13;&#10;KeyError: (UnlockTrackerAmountTest(subject=ParticipantType.Actor, test_tag=Tag.Spell_Magic, threshold=&gt;= 1.0, tooltip=None), frozenset({('test_targets', (&lt;sim '' 0x44c09f3f2693d0e&gt;,))}))&#13;&#10;&#13;&#10;During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:&#13;&#10;&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\event_manager_service.py", line 369, in _process_test_event&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\aspirations\aspiration_tuning.py", line 64, in handle_event&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\event_data_tracker.py", line 185, in handle_event&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\objective_tuning.py", line 1046, in run_test&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 808, in __call__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 130, in __call__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\test_events.py", line 173, in wrapper&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\unlock_tracker_tests.py", line 140, in __call__&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\unlock_tracker.py", line 126, in get_number_unlocked&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\unlock_tracker.py", line 126, in &lt;genexpr&gt;&#13;&#10;AttributeError: type object 'musicTrack_Guitar_Written_03_Play' has no attribute 'tuning_tags'&#13;&#10;rtim=0</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (1,629 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Apologies, I've been playing a new game since I uninstalled and reinstalled everything  - when you become magical, the needs ui/menu  changes it gives you access to the spellbook & etc., mine did not change... I'm doing the new game differently, I did magic first, but I haven't gotten to music aspiration yet, but I'm still getting the issue with bi/dislocated sim player character - the sim will walk across the room, then suddenly be back where he started, then back across the room to finish a task... he talks to the wall instead of the target sim, who is often across the room, particularly annoying on dates when your sim is going for the gold; no mods, though at one point I used mccc after and extended period of glitches, going to manage worlds and back, sometimes helped.... after a last exception was generated I I removed mccc again, and I figure I'll let them take a look.... I figure the next patch will fix a lot of this, thanks for taking the time to test it out, if it's just me, well thats good to know as well.

Message 4 of 10 (1,520 Views)

Hero
@Khamsim The jumpy animations have been an issue for a while now: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Jumpy-Animation-Bug-After-Newest-Patch/td-p/6876628/

I'm mainly interested in getting more info on the broken UI. To summarize:

1. You had a normal Sim
2. The Sim licensed a Song
3. You then switch to magic aspiration and got the LE
4. You switch the Sim to magic ?

Was that the order ?

Mine were already spellcasters when I tried but not the aspiration. So I licensed a song and then changed aspiration. Did get the LE but not the broken GUI.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (1,506 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] LE with song license and Magic aspiration

★ Novice
@crinrictKhamsim I seem to be having an issues that is likely triggered by the same bug. I had someone analyze my lastexception.txt, which pointed to an issue with licensing songs.
My Realm of Magic aspirations were working fine until my sims licensed a song on their guitar. Now I'm getting last exceptions all the time and my sim can't complete any of the "learning" items in the RoM aspirations (example: "learn 10 spells", "learn 3 potions")
Message 6 of 10 (1,422 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] LE with song license and Magic aspiration

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same or at least a similar problem. If I select one of the new realm of magic aspirations, the game throws a last exception error. It only happens with these two magic aspirations, all others are fine. I tested a lot today. I've started for testing purposes a completely new vanilla game with a completely new created sim. And I let her move into a house and the first thing I did was to give her one of the magic aspirations. Everything was fine, no LE error at all. Then I changed her aspiration again. And then I cheated her guitar skill up to level 9, then I let her write a song and then had her license the song. And after licensing the song I switched to a magic aspiration again. And boom .... last exception error.

So definitely has something to do with licensing songs before choosing a magic aspiration. It´s annoying . I want to play the new aspirations without bugs.

They are one of the reasons I bought this pack. 

Message 7 of 10 (1,378 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict That is the procedure I used with 2 exceptions.

1 - Wrote songs with the Piano.
2 - Did NOT license them

It seems to me that it doesn't matter which instrument the songs are written with and licensing them doesn't seem to be a factor, just having written them is enough to toss the error.

Now that I have one broken sim in the house hold, I'm going to use the other to do the magic stuff first then see what happens with the music.
Message 8 of 10 (1,164 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ok, after 3 days, I have a sort of workaround for this whole music/book/caster aspirations thing. Works best with new sims, but can be used with any sim that has NOT traveled to Realm of Magic yet. Don't even think about going there until you are ready to commit to completing the 2 ROM aspirations.

1. Read 3 books right off the bat for the 2 Knowledge aspirations that require them. - Nerd Brain & Renaissance Sim

2. do other stuff for a while. If you want to, you can start the Musical Genius aspiration, but do NOT write any songs yet.

3. when you are ready, head over to the magic realm and get Rite of Ascension.

4. Complete BOTH magic aspirations (Spellcraft & Sorcery and Purveyor of Potions) before writing any songs. You have to finish both aspirations before writing songs or it WILL break the Purveyor of Potions and Musical Genius aspirations. Not sure if Spellcraft & Sorcery is affected, but since you're there and it's an easy aspiration, may as well not risk it.

5. after completing the caster aspirations, you can write all the songs you want.

Dunno if that makes much sense since things have to be done in a specific order to not break things.

Message 9 of 10 (1,114 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [ROM] LE with song license and Magic aspiration

Hero

Spellcasters with the Spellcraft and Sorcery aspiration will no longer reset or cause a LastException after writing songs.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,034 Views)