by kusurusu

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Familiars + No Realm of Magic = Loading Fail

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try loading spellcaster household (with bound familiars) after removing ROM pack OR place one from the gallery without having ROM installed
What happens when the bug occurs? Lot never finishes loading - tons of script errors mentioning familiars
What do you expect to see? Lot to load properly
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 6 (784 Views)

Re: Familiars + No Realm of Magic = Loading Fail

Hero
@kusurusu If you remove packs that saves have been saved with, there's always a risk with that.

I think there's even a warning in the game for this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (734 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@crinrictWhat about library/gallery households feat. familiars (amongst other things)? If you try to place/play them without ROM you'll get an neverending loading screen.

I wish Icould provide you the gallery sim which caused this bug but I can't find him anymore (household's name was just "wizard" afaik)

Message 3 of 6 (721 Views)

Hero
@kusurusu I assume the familiar doesn't show in the gallery so you don't really know that there is one ?

I think that should probably be blocked if you don't have the pack.

I'll see what info I can get.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (715 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Familiars + No Realm of Magic = Loading Fail

Hero
@kusurusu Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (577 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Familiars + No Realm of Magic = Loading Fail

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

familiar tracker issue still exists as of v1.24 (console upload)/1.62 (pc base game download) - game keeps on spawning LE entires instead of while trying to load household

Excerpt (since this site refuses attachments)

Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception resuming Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'trait_replacement_buffs')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 217, in simulate
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 385, in _resume
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim.py", line 2889, in _startup_sim_gen
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\familiars\familiar_tracker.py", line 594, in on_sim_startup
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\__init__.py", line 459, in exported_func
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\buff_component.py", line 281, in add_buff
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\buff_component.py", line 350, in _get_replacement_buff_type_and_reason
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'trait_replacement_buffs'

Message 6 of 6 (490 Views)