by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Devilish Dueler duels do not count

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Discover University, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Holiday Stuff, Luxery Party Stuff, Tiny Living, Vintage Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Become a devilish dueler on Realm of Magic, duel from home and also in the magic realm
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim needs to win one more duel to level up from Devilish Dueler. She won her third duel in the realm of magic, but her sorcery level for some reason was zero so when she won the duel, she did not level up. When she got home, she had still only two duel wins but was back up to her real sorcery level. She has since won several duels and she gets the perk from winning the duel and the spellcaster level increases, but then next time I open her magic tab, it says only two duels again and her sorcery level is back down. She and one other sim also have the same issue when they level up on New Skill day, their skills do not count towards fulfilling holiday celebration requirements.
What do you expect to see? I expect her efforts to be counted and for them to stick. I expect that her skills will be the same regardless of whether she is at home or the magic realm.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

compose

Message 1 of 22 (1,863 Views)

Re: Devilish Dueler duels do not count

Hero
@ellatheevil The new years resolution is a known issue. You can find the thread for that here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Raise-a-Skill-Resolution-sometimes-does-not-work...

Can you duplicate the same behavior on a second Sim or is it limited to this one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (1,835 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Crin,

It is not a New Year's Resolution glitch although I have had that problem as well, I was mentioning one from New Skill Day.

I haven't duplicated the problem on another sim, it took me absolutely ages to level up this one.  If it is just this sim, what do I do?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 22 (1,798 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ellatheevil Do you get any LastExceptions with that Sim ?

Is it specific skills that don't count for skill day ? There's also threads on that but need to find.

Thread for skill day is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-V-Vampire-cannot-complete-Improve-Skill-tradition/td-p...

If it's just that Sim, I would try changing aspiration and then back and try again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 22 (1,774 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I didn't know what LastExceptions meant so I had to look them up and it looks like I have four of the files but no idea what they mean/if they pertain to this sim.  I will try to change her aspiration and see what happens.

Thank you for the Skill Day fix, too!

Message 5 of 22 (1,746 Views)

Hero
@ellatheevil Could you you upload them ? You need to create a rar file and then upload.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 22 (1,723 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Crin,

I am attaching all of the "last exception" and "last ui exception" files that I could find, there should be ten total.  I have replicated the same problem on another sim, but his won't even count past one duel.  They both show mood boosts from winning and they are gaining spellcaster skill from dueling, but they specifically do not count towards the aspiration.  I also changed the original sim's aspiration, won some duels, and changed it back and they still did not count, nor did any that she won once I changed it back.  Ack!!

Thank you so much for your help!

~Ella

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 7 of 22 (1,682 Views)

Hero
@ellatheevil The exceptions seem older and unrelated, the UI Exceptions might be related.

Could you try the deleting those files, try the aspiration again and see if it generates any new exceptions ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 22 (1,665 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi Crin,

Thanks for your patience.  I won another duel and saved and closed.  This is the lastuiexception that was generated.

-Ella

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>8d96fbbbe9a2393d5e83b8df</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4.15.mac</sku><createtime>2020-03-31 23:01:06</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.61.15.1220-1.200.000.440.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)olympus.core.data::SettingsMap</categoryid><desyncid>8d96fbbbe9a2393d5e83b8df</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Error: Settings Key: motivepanelcurses has value: [object Object] of type: Object and is not supported in UISettings.&#13;&#10; at olympus.core.data::SettingsMap/GetKeyValueArray()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core::UIManager/HandleGetUISimSettings()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/CallUIService()&#13;&#10;rtim=480176</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Message 9 of 22 (1,636 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So, as an update..

I changed my sim's aspiration from Spellcaster to Renaissance Sim and immediately started having the same problems.  She has read every book she owns and reread one to count towards her books read and it does not count.  It says she has read 0/3.  There is a last exception from this event:

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>ebe71de0847fe01b5e83ebca</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4.15.mac</sku><createtime>2020-04-01 01:23:38</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.61.15.1220-1.200.000.440.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)olympus.core.data::SettingsMap</categoryid><desyncid>ebe71de0847fe01b5e83ebca</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Error: Settings Key: motivepanelcurses has value: [object Object] of type: Object and is not supported in UISettings.&#13;&#10; at olympus.core.data::SettingsMap/GetKeyValueArray()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core::UIManager/HandleGetUISimSettings()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/CallUIService()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/CallGameService()&#13;&#10; at widgets.UIContainer::UIContainerMain/OnExitGameConfirm()&#13;&#10; at widgets.Dialog.actions::CallbackDialogAction/Execute()&#13;&#10; at widgets.Dialog.footers::DialogButtonFooter/OnButtonSelect()&#13;&#10; at olympus.controllers::SelectableGroup/SetSelectionAs()&#13;&#10; at olympus.controllers::SelectableGroup/OnButtonClick()&#13;&#10; at olympus.gui.buttons::Button/OnMouseRelease()&#13;&#10;rtim=31913</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Message 10 of 22 (1,620 Views)