Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [ROM] Can't extinguish objects on fire if they are on wall

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.55.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Kids Room Stuff, and the free ones (Holiday Celebration and Grim's Ghoulish Guitar)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a spellcaster repeatedly do repario on a painting on the wall, stop when it sets on fire.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims can't extinguish the fire or do chillio on it. Apparently they can't reach it, maybe because of the ash but whatever it is, it's still there.
What do you expect to see? They should be able to quickly extinguish the fire.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I think this could happen with anything that somehow catches fire on the wall. I had just loaded the game so I quit the game and didn't really lose any progress, but ofc bugs are bad. The attached picture doesn't show much, but in-game there was that "I can't go there" symbol in her thought bubble.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 11 (2,334 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Inactive Firefighters

Hero

We met with our wonderful Sim Firefighters and came to the agreement that they now also will extinguish fires on wall objects such as paintings.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

Patch notes only mention firefighters but hopefully it also fixes the issue for active Sims.

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (1,823 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Can't extinguish objects on fire if they are on wall

★ Apprentice

Has this bug but fixed yet? It'd be nice to have a controlable way of making our clones permanent (such as inviting them to join household) But it shouldn't happen accidently/out of player control. Another way I thought would be interested way to make them permanent was the immortality potion. But they aren't going to make a change like this at this juncture. 

Message 2 of 11 (2,249 Views)

Hero
@AzzureRain No, it's still open.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (2,232 Views)

★ Apprentice

This has happened to me since realm of magic.  My sms can’t extinguish any fires and most of the fires are now showing on the ceiling so I’m not even sure what is on fire.  I had a fireplace that was upgraded to fireproof with auto light catch on fire three times in a row until I managed to get my sim to put out fire and disable auto light in time.  Each time the fire was on the ceiling and couldn’t be extinguished.

Message 4 of 11 (2,194 Views)

Inactive Firefighters

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Strangerville, Tiny Living, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, My First Pet Stuff, Jungle Adventure, Laundry Day stuff, City Living, Parenthood, Get Together, Fitness Stuff, Get To Work, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Perfect Patio stuff, Holiday Celebration pack and Moschino stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Call the fire department for a fire and sometimes when they turn up, they stand and do nothing.
What happens when the bug occurs? Firefighters don’t fight the fire.
What do you expect to see? Firefighters extinguishing the fire.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.63.134.1020

Firefighters turning up to fight a fire, but instead just standing in the front garden looking gormless.

I don’t know which specific object is on fire, but it’s something up high, so I don’t know if that’s why the firefighters were doing nothing.

Message 5 of 11 (2,125 Views)

Hero
@GeordieJLK Can your active Sims put out these fires ? Sounds like this could be the cause: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Can-t-extinguish-objects-on-fire-if-they-are-o...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (2,114 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I clicked on extinguish, but the sim was just flapping about the fire and wouldn’t try to extinguish. 

The fire wasn’t in the wall, it was between the ceiling and the floor above, where it could also be seen.

It’s probably the same bug in that it’s a fire on two sides of a flat surface. 

Message 7 of 11 (2,100 Views)

Hero
@GeordieJLK Yeah, sounds like a routing issue. Are you ok if I merge your thread ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (2,095 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Sure Standard smile 

Message 9 of 11 (2,079 Views)

Hero
@GeordieJLK Done. Make sure to click that me too button on the first post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (2,070 Views)