by paradiseplanet27

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Arm bracelet stretches with high muscle/obese Sims

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? enter CAS, apply RoM bracelet for left arm on any Sim that have high muscle or fat ratio
What happens when the bug occurs? The bracelet stretches and the texture breaks when applied to high muscle or obese bodies
What do you expect to see? The bracelet morphing to fit all body types and shapes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So this is the bracelet I'm referring to: when in CAS, it looks normal when you apply it to a skinny Sim or less than average Sim

However, if you increase their fat or muscle mass, the bracelet starts looking like this:

Note the bracelet looks like it's about to tear and part of the skin under the bracelet can be visible. I've tested this with friends and confirmed it only happens on this bracelet to Sims with high muscle or fat mass, and that it's missing coding for body morphing. I currently have a modded fix for it but I shouldn't have to find one.

Message 1 of 3 (640 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Arm bracelet stretches with high muscle/obese Sims

★★★ Novice

Hi par, your problem is one that we all have.  Unfortunately, it is very difficult to code CAS items to fit well for all body types.  The problem with this bracelet is very minor.  I can't even tell a difference between your two pictures.  I suggest ignoring it, like I do. 

If you don't like that answer, I suggest you look into how custom content is made.  It gives you a glimpse into how cas items are made and how difficult it is to get something to look good on every body type.  Beyond that is the code for how the cas items change when the body type changes.  It's already complicated enough.  If it becomes more so, your game might slow down depending on your computer's specs. For simmers like myself who are playing on a laptop, I am glad EA made it as simple as possible while still giving us lots of customization.  If I have to live with a bracelet or a shirt bugging out in a small way like that, I am fine with it.

Message 2 of 3 (539 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Arm bracelet stretches with high muscle/obese Sims

★★★★ Guide

So I've come with an update on the issue, and found that disregarding changing the body types aside, the only preset body types the bracelet will work with are first two on the top row in CAS:

If you change the weight and muscle values on those body types, the bracelet will be unstretched. It's when you use any of the other body types or make your own body type is where things will differ. The bracelet does stretch out when involving changing the arm's thickness, specifically the forearm bicep thickness.

Message 3 of 3 (509 Views)