by Synzorasize

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Putting Harvestables in Household inv makes them sell for more

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Jungle Adventure, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a residential household. Open the cheats bar and type in "testingcheats on", press enter then "bb.showhiddenobjects on", press enter. (You can also cheat the money if needed.) Go to build mode and search for any harvestable. I used money fruit for this. Buy the harvestable and put it on the ground. Sell it, then undo. Now put it in the household inventory and sell it from there. It sells for more (about five times as more). It'll sell for what it could be bought for in build/buy mode (if it could be bought from build/buy mode without cheats). Selling normal quality money fruit through the sim inventory (or while it's in the world) costs 1600 simoleons. But selling it through the household inventory makes it 8000 simoleons. This may or may not be a bug, but it seems too silly to be by design, since it's basically cheating money in disguise.
What happens when the bug occurs? Told above.
What do you expect to see? It costs the same regardless of which inventory it's in, perhaps?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here is a series of photos I took:

EDIT by Crinrict: Added Tag to Title,

Message 1 of 7 (1,435 Views)

Re: Putting Harvestables in the Household inventory makes them sell for more

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@SynzorasizeNot really a bug because the harvestable comes from the reward store that cost 5,000 reward points. I am pretty sure low quality money tree harvestable are 1,600 and the highest quality you can sell for 8,000. Also keep in mind that if you don't water and tend the tree, the fruit can turn into bills.

Message 2 of 7 (1,406 Views)

Hero
@Synzorasize Do you see this for any other objects than the cheated money fruit ? Any of the harvestables you get without the cheat ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (1,369 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictI also tried this with a base game flower, a bluebell. It costs nine simoleons to buy from the shop. When placed in world or sold through a sim's inventory, it's two simoleons (the normal price).

I also tried this with the money trees in my hundred baby challenge save. I put them in the household inventory while they had fruit and money fruit came out of it. Then I sold them. 8000 simoleons, and now suddenly my matriarch's a millionaire, haha... (she also won the lottery a few sim-weeks into the save, too, if you wanted to know.) I placed the money trees back, but then another glitch happened... the money fruit immediately grew back the fruit as soon as I ran it in live mode...? I did the cycle again and it grew back money fruit immediately... another bug?

@Sid1701d9I thought so, too. But I didn't think it was right to sell for perfect quality when it's only normal quality once it's in the household inventory, because like I said, it's like cheating money in disguise.

Message 4 of 7 (1,349 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have been getting this because there's also the bug where harvestables just appear in your household inventory right now and when I go to sell them they sell for much more than they would if I sold them through my Sim's personal inventory.

Message 5 of 7 (1,111 Views)

★★ Guide

Yes me too, I don't know if it's the same 2020 bug that never got fixed (probably) or a new one, but all harvestables that go into household inventory sells for much more.

Message 6 of 7 (1,066 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Putting Harvestables in Household inv makes them sell for more

★★★★ Novice

Still exists as of 1.81.72.1030 (PC.)

Made all the more frustrating by the prior mentioned Harvestables -> Household inventory bug along with the fact that you can't move multiple stacks at a time or place them from Household to Fridge/Sim..

You can individually place down each harvestable and sell it from the floor with the correct price, but have fun doing that when you randomly get 30 stacks of ten different produce.

Message 7 of 7 (969 Views)