by KrystalGamer1

Original Post

[OPEN] Published objects list to short/potentially no payment

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let sim realize more than 16 music discs and see how much he will get pay for number 17 disc
What happens when the bug occurs? disc no 17 will not be noticed in the payroll
What do you expect to see? payment for all musical discs H
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. "Get Famous'"

‌My sim has created more than 20 music discs, but there are only 16 discs in the list of wages received. No new disc created above this number will be noticed by the game.

Message 1 of 18 (3,389 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Only 16 published music disc game notes

Hero

Do you get paid for only the 16 as well or could this be a display issue cause too many ?

I haven't tested this in my own game yet so I will tag it as needs input to gather more voices from others.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (3,279 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@crinrict
I was only regularly paid for the first 16 discs. It was annoying because after some time this first ones brought me only 5 dollars and the rest also had fast half of the value. I did not even get a half dollar for the next one.
I thought that just as with music tracks, the first discs will disappear but they stayed till the end of 5 - 8 dollars for one. This is definitely discouraging me to record these discs in next game
Message 3 of 18 (3,268 Views)

Notification Window Not Long Enough to Show Full Royalty Report

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Spooky
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make and release a bunch of songs and tracks for royalties
What happens when the bug occurs? You can't see all the songs you released once you create too many. The notification window isn't long enough.
What do you expect to see? The entire Royalty Report to include all of the released songs and tracks with their royalty amounts.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Sim has created at least 2 or 3 songs beyond the Mayonnaise song shown in the image and released them to Dinky Beats.  Plenty of time has gone by and she's received at least 2 or 3 royalty reports since the songs were created. So, they should definitely be showing up on her royalty reports by now.  I'm using this for a Rags to Riches YouTube series where I've been tracking and graphing out her royalty progression to this point. Now, I can no longer do that because I can no longer see her new tracks in the Royalty Report. It's worth noting though that, based on her income, she is still definitely making the money for the songs I can't see on the report. So I think it's merely just a simple notification window size issue. Please fix quickly so my LP series doesn't get all screwed up. Thanks!

Message 4 of 18 (3,260 Views)

Re: Notification Window Not Long Enough to Show Full Royalty Report

Hero (Retired)
I think your problem is related to this one
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GF-Only-16-published-music-disc-game-notes/m-p/721...
Are you sure that your sim got money for new songs? I checked and it looked like my sim got money only for what was on the list
I don't work for EA
Message 5 of 18 (3,255 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Notification Window Not Long Enough to Show Full Royalty Report

★★ Apprentice

She absolutely got money for the new songs I can't see on the list, and a lot of it. I added up what was shown on the report vs what she got paid and there was more than a $1,500 difference. 

Message 6 of 18 (3,247 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Given how record labels want you pumping out music every other day this bug is easy to reproduce. I can confirm this. However it seems sometimes you do get paid for other tracks but it does not seem like the game properly follows and recognizes those tracks consistently (excluding the normal loss of value).

Message 7 of 18 (3,239 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@ArchXDiablo
After thinking, I'm not sure if I received payment or not for these additional disks. This list was long and included not only payment for disks but for books and songs for guitar. I took it for granted that if there is no disk on the payment list, there is no money.

Message 8 of 18 (3,220 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I was just wondering what the status is on this as it's been months since it was reported and it still hasn't been fixed.  I see that it says "needs input."  What does that mean?  What type of input do you need to get this fixed?  

Message 9 of 18 (3,076 Views)

Hero

Hi @KrystalGamer1 

don't think more info as such is needed. QA will ask if they need more.

I don't know what the status of it is and EA/Maxis never gives out infos beyond we're aware of it.

What this mostly needs are more people saying it's an issue for them. Needs Input just means that more voices/me toos would be a good thing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 18 (3,074 Views)