by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Progress bar for plants goes missing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for StrangerVille, Tiny living stuff pack, and Moschino stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hover each plant. It might be happening during travel. The progress bar was there when I started my game but when I got back from traveling the bar was gone. Also happens if you move the plant in build mode,even if you undo the move the bar will not come back.
What happens when the bug occurs? I am unable to see the progress bar and because of that I cannot evolve any of my plants.
What do you expect to see? The quality and progress bar of each plant
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

this is frustrating as I am unable to increase the quality and have not been able to evolve any of my plants.

Things I have tried to fix the problem:

I planted them in a green house fist, no bar. Then moved them outside, no bar. replanted every seed, some had a bar, some didn't. then I tried deleting all of my plants and got new seeds from packages to see if that would fix the bug, most had the bar, but when I tried moving them or when I travelled the bar disappeared. And has not come back. I also tried restarting the game and still same problem.

Thanks!

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title, Added Tag

Message 1 of 5 (967 Views)

Re: plant quality

Hero

HI @bresteele 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Could you please enter your base game version ? The one you posted is from a game pack

Here's instructions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M124496

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (925 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I have those, too. I believe there are 2 bugs:

1) The bar is sometimes missing, making it impossible to see the quality.

2) The quality is constantly changing, either on loading the game or when travelling. The quality of my plants dropped to the worst from the perfect on the reload.

Message 3 of 5 (889 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

@rostsit Could you use this thread for the quality changing: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-Plants-change-quality-on-their-own-evolve-on-their-own/...

Like to keep this on the missing bar.

@PriestessAvenara Didn't read your whole post so do you just have the quality changing or also the bar missing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (860 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@rostsit Yes I do believe it is 2 problems, my plant states the quality but there is no bar and the quality does change from perfect to the worst. And with no bar I am not able to evolve any plants

Missing the progress bar as well

(merge post) - Atic 

Message 5 of 5 (820 Views)