by PlumbobHouse

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Problem with roofs

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build an open room only using the second floor and put a roof above it
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims can't walk there
What do you expect to see? Sims can walk there
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello, I have found a bug (probably) that when I want to build a terrace, using the second floor, I can't build a roof above it because my sim can't walk there (If I click that place there is no option to go there)

Image:

Message 1 of 6 (577 Views)

Re: Problem with roofs

[ Edited ]
Champion

@PlumbobHouse 

I have a question/clarification. In my test I used the shortest height wall and no foundation on the first floor, yet the staircase was 12 steps high. In your screenshot you only have/need 6 steps. Can you please share a description of how you managed that height for the removed first floor? Or could you please share your lot to the community gallery so I can test it in my game? If you add it to the gallery please then let me know and share with me the exact name of the lot (something like 'terrace test') along with your user "EA ID""  (Or you could share a direct link to the upload in the Community Gallery (browser) area. https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery Thank you!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 6 (550 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have build the same thing again and have noticed that the room has to be less than 8 steps high to reproduce the issue.

Link to the build:https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/EC38CDEAA4AA11E98913DEC32F1B8FB3?searc...

Message 3 of 6 (543 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@PlumbobHouse Thank you. I also was able to confirm that with less than 8 steps the sim could not route to the porch. So... the workaround for this issue is to edit the build so that there is an 8-stem or more entrance to the porch/terrace.

Message 4 of 6 (540 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

You can change the hight of the room without the first floor. The "cube" that controls foundation hight is available if you click any room you want to change high of.

Message 5 of 6 (527 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@PlumbobHouse Ahhh... that makes complete sense. I have never adjusted a foundation downward and would have assumed that even if I could it would cause issues. So... unfortunately that possibility didn't occur to me until I experimented a bit on yours (and obviously the only experimenting I did was to adjust the height of a floor below Embarrassed). Not having the best day over here. Thanks for your patience.

Message 6 of 6 (507 Views)