by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Private Dwelling lot trait does not completely go away

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27.4.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EXPANSION: Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle GAME: Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic STUFF: Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party FREE: Holiday Celebration, Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set a lot trait. Play the game. Remove the lot trait and set a new one.
What happens when the bug occurs? Lot traits do not completely go away. I have noticed this happening with Island Spirits and Private Dwelling. Island spirits will not leave my lot, and nobody comes to the house (meaning I can’t get roommates) despite removing these two lot traits.
What do you expect to see? I expect lot traits to be fully removed from a lot when you remove them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has been happening for a long time, so I’m not sure when it started. Maybe it began with Island Living or Discover University?

Also, maybe I should have chosen 100% of the time because these traits will not fully remove no matter how many times I’ve tried to remove them? However, I’m not sure if this problem is occurring with all lot traits, only these specific traits, or only portions of these specific traits.

(merge topic) - Atic 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 3 (800 Views)

Re: Lot traits do not completely go away

Hero
@Rae_Regenbogen There's a thread here for the island spirits: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Island-Spirits-won-t-leave/td-p/8209786

Seems it doesn't matter with that if you remove the trait or not as the OP on that post said. Looks like you already posted there

Do you have issues with all of them or only the ones mentioned ? If it's just the two, please edit this to be about private dwelling.

There's also a thread for cell phones and off-the grid here if you're seeing that: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Cell-phone-gives-off-grid-related-moodlets-for-on/... (that happens without ever having off the grid as well though)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (769 Views)

Re: Lot traits do not completely go away

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Yeah, I’ve posted on the island spirits thread, so I’ll edit this one. These are the only two problems I’ve really noticed, but I haven’t changed lot traits on any of my houses in a while. I’m not really sure how to edit this to reflect just the Private Dwelling one because I’m not positive that the lot traits are actually what is causing the problems. But trick-or-treaters, roommates, and other sims, no longer come by my houses that have had these traits. So I THINK it’s an issue with lots where I have removed those traits?

IDK. I’m not exactly sure how to word the change. Should I just change the title to Private Dwelling lot traits don’t fully remove when the lot trait is changed? That seems long. Lol

Update: I’ll check to see if there are any problems in my game with cell phones/off-the-grid. It’s not something I have noticed, but I only have one rarely-played household with that trait. 

(CM: posts merged)

Message 3 of 3 (706 Views)