Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS INPUT] Previously Earned Social Event Rewards/Trophies Gone

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them (Except University which is a few hours away from launch at time of writing.)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use a potion of rejuvenation and use the phone to plan a social event.
What happens when the bug occurs? Rewards previously earned are gone. My sim had almost every event done with a golden reward, and poof, gone. No rewards earned.
What do you expect to see? Earned rewards to stay.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 2019 patch installation.

A lot of hard work gone here.. how do I get these trophies back into that menu without having to re-do all the events? I'm kind of a completionist, this is really, really demotivating =/ 

Message 1 of 10 (1,227 Views)

Re: Previously Earned Social Event Rewards/Trophies Gone.

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Nakashimafied Does this only happen if you use the potion and can you repro this on another Sim ?

(currently don't have time to test this)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,203 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@crinrict : "Down"? Do you mean "phone"?
Message 3 of 10 (1,186 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@StarryMight actually potion .. I don't know what I was typing :P

corrected 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,179 Views)

★ Guide

It could be a coincidence but it does seem to happen after potion use. I tried to reproduce it on a fresh save with a fresh sim but to no avail. On the fresh one I did manage to get the rewards reset by moving a sim out of the household (child of the sim that threw the party) but my main hadn't moved anyone out that recently.

My main sim is one I've been playing for years, she's probably a bit of a hot mess as she's been multiple different occults which has thrown up bugs and errors left and right - hadn't had this one happen though.. she's moved out about 20 of her children so I feel like I'd seen it if that were the trigger? 

Message 5 of 10 (1,164 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Nakashimafied - I tested this with two different spellcasters in the same household. They only had 2 completed social events, both gold, but after drinking a potion of rejuvenation, the trophy icons were still there when planning a social event. I tested with aging off the first time, and turned aging on before using the potion of rejuvenation on the 2nd sim. 

In both cases, the trophy icons were properly placed and did not disappear. Completed Gold Events.png

This is in version 1.58.63.1010, with base game, IL and ROM, no cc or mods/never used. 

Are there any other steps to take that may help me replicate the problem? When you removed your mods and cc, did you remove the entire mods folder and delete thumbnailcache.package? This was a huge patch and likely broke some mods and cc. It might help to do a reset of your game: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

Message 6 of 10 (1,154 Views)

Hero
@Nakashimafied Let's see if someone else sees this as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (1,151 Views)

★ Guide
@BlackjackWidow For every patch I install, I empty out my mods folder, secure my saved games, and delete pretty much everything in the other folders, load the game so it repopulates those areas and THEN update before I place my saves back. I place mods back only after they have received their updates (I say they and their, but its really only MCCC).

Message 8 of 10 (1,135 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It happens to me to, but only after I move someone out of the household. I thought it had to do with collections disappearing bug.

Message 9 of 10 (1,079 Views)

★★ Guide

I had this happen after moving a sim out of the household. What's annoying is that I had added the sim solely to take pictures of the wedding so I could put them on the wall. So my sims earned a gold trophy for their wedding and after I moved the photographer sim out I lost the trophy. All the other parties I can throw again, but my sims won't throw another wedding for a generation - if the child even remains in the parent's house when they get married. 

I guess it doesn't matter anyway because when the child(ren) move out it will break the parent's trophies anyway - so no point in trying to get gold in them all. 

Message 10 of 10 (963 Views)