Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Previewing windows on diagonal walls showing default colour swatch

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hovering windows on diagonal walls
What happens when the bug occurs? When hovering certain windows over diagonal walls the colour of the window reverts back to the default swatch colour once the window snaps to the wall (haven't tested all windows, but most I tried regardless of wall heigh this bug has occurred). Once the widow has been placed, the selected swatch is placed.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to preview what a window will look like on a diagonal wall without having to place it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have attached a small handful of screenshots of what appears when hovering the windows over a diagonal wall - all at full wall height. 

Message 1 of 6 (1,139 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Previewing windows on diagonal walls showing default colour sw

Hero

Fixed an issue in which previewing certain windows on diagonal walls reverted their color back to the default color swatch.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (906 Views)

All Replies

Island Living Windows

Anonymous

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions, most game packs, some stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to place an Island Living window on a diagonal wall
What happens when the bug occurs? If you choose a different colour from the swatches, it does not show up when you're "hovering" with the item on a diagonal wall. When you place the window though, it does become the correct colour.
What do you expect to see? That the "hovering" window when you're choosing placement matches the swatch colour
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjmIPAGbIe7QhHiRCpvu-pdjzIUr?e=BJIjEr

A link to a video of it happening!

Message 2 of 6 (1,122 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Island Living Windows

Hero
@Anonymous Merged your post with existing thread on this. Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (1,091 Views)

Swatches apparently revert to default when moved across walls

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a shell with many bump outs, especially diagonal walls as well as walls that go align with the grid. Place windows and doors down that are not the swatch they appear in the catalog. Use shift or the eyedropper tool to get more of those non-default swatch items and move them over other walls in the build.
What happens when the bug occurs? Item will revert back to the swatch displayed in the catalog when moved over different planes of the house, especially going from walls following the grid to diagonal walls.
What do you expect to see? The item stays the swatch I chose for it while I'm holding and moving it.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Didn't notice it until today after the new patch

It doesn't happen with every window/door 100% of the time, but if you build a house with a lot of bump outs and with diagonal walls, when you start trying to eyedrop windows/doors to put on other walls, they'll revert to the color they are in the catalog. I've specifically noticed it on the "Mirror Mirror? Window Pane" and the "Big Kahuna Sliding Doors--by Doorco" from Island Living and "Uninspiring window" from Spa Day. You can see in the video I can faithfully get those to revert to their catalog color, but the "extrusion window - rectangle" from Get Famous stays black. In practice, none of the windows reverted 100% of the time, so I'm not sure if only certain windows are affected or if I'm just not playing with the other windows enough since they're not part of what I'm trying to build. They will most often *place* as the color that they're supposed to be, but when you hold them over an affected wall, you can't use hotkeys to toggle through swatches because it'll stick on the default swatch until you place it, where it will show you the mystery color you ended up on.

Video

Message 4 of 6 (1,047 Views)

Re: Swatches apparently revert to default when moved across walls

Hero
@siladris Sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Previewing-windows-on-diagonal-walls-showing-defau...

Can you confirm that's what you see ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (997 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Previewing windows on diagonal walls showing default colour sw

Hero

Fixed an issue in which previewing certain windows on diagonal walls reverted their color back to the default color swatch.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (907 Views)