Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Pregnant Sims Are Able To Work Out

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a pregnant sim
What happens when the bug occurs? pregnant sims will be able to body build, run on treadmill, rock climb, but can't go for a jog .
What do you expect to see? Pregnant sims not being able to workout---this didn't happen in previous versions of the game-- not sure what one though
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

11-24-18_11-49-48 AM.png

Not sure why this is happening, because sims can fall on the treadmill. So idk why pregnant sims would be allowed 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 24 (10,238 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sparring: Pregnancy

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread has been closed as the issue it was reporting was decided to be functioning as designed by The Sims team.

If you feel this was in error, please create a new thread here with as much information as you can provide.

Thanks!

EACade

View in thread

Message 24 of 24 (1,133 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] Pregnant Sims Are Able To Work Out

Hero

Hi @SproutLee

which trimester is your Sim in ? 

Seems in third trimester I can't do anything at all, in second everything but jogging.

Does seem a but weird. 

Adding as needs input to get more voices.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 24 (10,165 Views)

★★★ Guide
This sim was in her 2nd trimester. Seems weird they can do all of this exercise but not take a simple jog/walk(since all they do is waddle) 🤣
Message 3 of 24 (10,137 Views)

Hero
Added as needs input.

Some more voices would be nice.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 24 (10,112 Views)

★★ Guide

I have a sim in the first trimester.  She can workout on weight and running machines (including push the limits) but can't swim, jog or do yoga. 

Feedback: swimming and yoga are really good exercise for pregnant humans, would be good to have for 1st & 2nd trimester sims.

Message 5 of 24 (10,100 Views)

★★ Apprentice

My pregnant sims have been able to do all workouts, though I considered it a fix, not a bug. 

Message 6 of 24 (10,059 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@helenthehunter: If you don't mind Mods, LittleMsSam's Pregnancy Overhaul (Google it) includes a mod that empowers pregnant Sims to do more in those trimesters, including swimming and yoga.

But yeah, more options (within the bounds of reason, of course) built into the game would be nice! (And I agree about the treadmills due to the falling, LOL.)
Message 7 of 24 (10,053 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I just noticed this. My sim in her 2nd trimester was using the treadmill and she used the punching bag.
Message 8 of 24 (9,968 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Pregnant Sims Are Able To Work Out

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My sim is in her second trimester and won’t stop working out. She has a constant uncomfortable moodlet from working out too much. Assigning her a different task only works for as long as that task is. 

Shes been doing this since she conceived. She won’t stop!! 

I’m on console. 

Message 9 of 24 (9,933 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Pregnant Sims Are Able To Work Out

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

On PS4 My second trimester sim can't swim in her pool but can do commando training on the punching bag. Seems a little backwards there. I had an active sim that ran on the treadmill and lifted weights and boxed autonomously all the time through her pregnancy.

Edit: Seriously why can't pregnant Sims swim? That's so ridiculous. 

Message 10 of 24 (9,902 Views)