Re: Postcards disapear on corkboard but are there if you put it in your inventor

by tcikes

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Postcards disapear on corkboard

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dine Out, Vampires, City Living, Get To Work, Laundry Day Stuff, Holiday Celebration, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put postcards on the corkboard for them. Leave your lot and return.
What happens when the bug occurs? The postcards will be on the corkboard when you leave your lot. When you come back. The corkboard will look like there are no postcards. But if you pick it up to move it, they will show up in the same spots you put them. But when you place it back down on the wall, they will disappear again. But if you go into build mode and put the corkboard into your inventory you can get your postcards back that way.
What do you expect to see? I expect to put my postcards on the corkboard and have them stay there. Visible. Also able to move them around whenever I want to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It is more in the 90-95%s that it happens.

Message 1 of 4 (529 Views)

Re: Postcards disapear on corkboard but are there if you put it in your inventor

★★★★ Apprentice

I've noticed this too and the issue seems to be that they are invisible unless you turn on the WALLS UP view (if you turn walls cut, they're invisible). Same is true for some curtains in the game, they're completely invisible until you toggle walls up.

Message 2 of 4 (494 Views)

★★ Novice
@tcikes I am not saying the corkboard itself is invisible. I am saying the postcards on the corkboard are. Unless that is what you mean. I will have to try this tho next time I get on. I just have them on the wall for now.
Message 3 of 4 (462 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Yes that's exactly what I mean - the postcards become invisible, not the board. Toggle walls fully up (100% up) and they should appear (if its the same issue as mine)

Message 4 of 4 (457 Views)