Re: [OPEN] Player Trait Broken

by Ulfric_Grimbrand

Original Post

★★★ Guide
@rhah01 Truth be told this is one of many reasons why I just use MCCC. Just turn off jealousy across the board. Problem solved 😂👍😜
Message 11 of 37 (1,313 Views)

★★★ Guide

@aidans1985  I use MC Command Center as well.  But I want to keep the Jealousy settings normal for story progression reasons.

Message 12 of 37 (1,300 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I don't use mods at all.

I created a new household of 3 normal sims. all with player trait. used the aspirations.complete_current_milestone to give each the player trait.

I am getting the exact same results.

Only actions that take a jealousy hit are:
kiss, passionate kiss, woohoo try for baby, woohoo, and first kiss

All other romantic actions are being ignored by 3rd party sim.

none of the sims are engaged or married, not even best friends.

I can provide save if you like.

just tell me what files i need and where they are, and I'll dump them on google drive.

the reason I wanted to try a new household was to make sure the soulmate and player aspirations wasn't colliding and to make sure no other traits where causing issues.

I know for a fact the soulmate and player aspirations didn't collide in my old save i played it for a very long time with both aspiration without issue.
just wanted to make sure wasn't causing an issue now.

edit:

this is happening on 2 different computers both created new game with new household.

Message 13 of 37 (1,281 Views)

★★★ Guide

Currently, not using any mods as well.  Can't help them fix it if it's a mod breaking it LOL.  Keep up the good work @rhah01 

Message 14 of 37 (1,257 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrict @rhah01  Here's the results of my all day testing of the Player Trait.

Notes:  New Sim - Spellcaster, No Mods, testing cheats were used to give skills, complete aspirations, and satisfaction points. 

Single Sim with the Player Trait:  Functioned as it should.  No issues with Jealousy or Reputation hits.

Two Household Sims with the Player Trait:  Seemed to be functioning, got the red friendship and reputation loss flying indicators, but no actual loss of either.

Three Household Sims with the Player Trait: Broke.  Friendship hits and Reputation hits on those who were observing.  As an added bonus:

Rep Hit.png

Message 15 of 37 (1,242 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Ulfric, awesome glad you narrowed it down. I never even thought to try less sims. my 3 households having issues are 2 household of 3 sims, and 1 household of 4 sims.

lol for my test cases I just put all 3 sims in a room and deleted the door so no one could walk off. kim is really angry and carl is afraid to sleep.

for the flying red friendship and reputation losses but no hits on 2 sim household is also a bug, as back in the day (only got to work and get together was released) with my original household there were no red flags at all.

Message 16 of 37 (1,297 Views)

Hero

@rhah01  @Ulfric_Grimbrand 

Could either of you create a new thread for the three-household issue ?

You don't need to repeat all your testing just fill out the form for me. I'll move everything posted over to the new thread but I think it's best if we keep this one on fixed as it's a specific situation.

I'm guessing it's 3 or more ? Maybe you could test that as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 37 (1,287 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I just tested with 5 sim household, i already have tested with 3 and 4 sim households, its defiantly 3+.

this is the same bug, but this current bug just wasn't fixed properly.

this can be broken down into a few issues:

1. jealousy, friendship and reputation hits on 3+ sim household with player trait on all sims.

2. invalid jealousy, friendship and reputation notifications but no actual damage on 2 sim household.

3. don't know how to explain this yet, and really should be tested on those without player trait as well:

Only actions that take a jealousy hit are:
first kiss, kiss, passionate kiss, woohoo, woohoo try for baby.

Seems all other romantic chat options do not take a jealousy hit: (and there are no notifications of jealousy or friendship lost no red flags)

kiss hands, kiss cheek, caress cheek, sweet talk, whisper seductively, give and receive massage, blow kiss, flirtatious joke, embrace, profess undying love, recite love poetry, ask to be girlfriend and makeout

probably best to make 3 different bug threads and link all together along with this bug thread too. as all 4 bug threads are tied together and really needs to be looked at as a whole and indebth. this system seems to be pretty broken and this bug thread seems to only have half fixed and introduced new bugs of 2 and 3 from list above.

Message 18 of 37 (1,270 Views)

Hero
@rhah01 2 is the other bug that was also reported in here that I have asked for another thread before, right ?

3 should be tested further to see if it's a general jealousy issue or also tied to the player trait. If you want to make a thread now, that's fine too.

It's really best to have a thread for each issue. While they are tied together, in my opinion it's best to have a thread for each.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 37 (1,260 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

oh no the 2 I listed is the red notification flags of bad jealousy behavior, but no negative effects just notifications are showing incorrectly. my #2 is talking of false notification of jealousy. this i also have not tried as I am just going off what Ulfric said.

the other issue that your talking of is the reputation hit when someone called accusing of cheating. that reputation was damaged. Ulfric should document that one as i have not seen that.

sounds good on making new threads.

right now I am further testing 3.

I'm currently adding a 4th sim with no player trait to household with the 3 player trait sims. reloading testing again for accuracy in a minute.

this is rough memory. I need more testing but i think below is what happened so far more scenarios are needed too.

4th sim  (no player trait)

edit for 1. 4th no player trait performs romanitic actions on 1st player trait sim has same bugged behavior of jealousy friendship and reputation hits with first kiss, kiss, passionate kiss, woohoo, woohoo try for baby. tested 3 times. this is pretty bad since 4th sim with no player trait this is first romance.

2. jealousy hits when 4th sim (no player trait) try to preform any romantic action on 2nd player trait sim. even flirt. this is what i would think as correct behavior.

3. a player trait sim perform romantic actions on 4th sim (no player trait) only those 5 romantic actions listed before triggered jealousy hits. broken behavior same as what i been seeing with all player trait sims interacting with each other.

next senario 3 sims, only 2 with player trait.

1st sim player trait, 2nd sim player trait as girlfriend.

1st sim gets jealousy friend and reputation hits when using same 5 romantic actions on 3rd sim (game lists as sweetheart) with no player trait. 2nd sim (girlfriend) is now very angry with 1st player trait sim.

1st sim gets the false jealousy friend and reputation hits when using same 5 romantic actions with 3rd sim (sweetheart) when performing those 5 romantic actions on 2nd sim (listed as girlfriend).

size of household doesn't matter from what I can see, its who is getting the false reputation hits and who is actually getting angry.

next senario: 3 sims, 2 live together active household 1st sim with player trait 2nd sim as girlfriend, 1 in different household (player made or a default sim behaves the same) all 3 sims in same room.

1st sim (player trait) 3rd sim (different house hold). only same 5 romantic actions cause 2nd sim girlfriend jealousy hits.

1st sim (player trait) and 2nd sim girlfriend, 3rd sim no reaction used all romantic actions. this is working correctly. it seems sims not apart of active household work proper.

made 3rd sim a girlfriend and test results are the same. girlfriend status doesn't change results.

Message 20 of 37 (1,251 Views)