Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Platforms autonomously raise height

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs except vampires, all stuff packs except spooky, luxury party and knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a seperate room inside a house. Raise it up using the new platform arrows. Remove the walls around the room. Then create new walls to section a part of the platform off.
What happens when the bug occurs? The platform will autonomously increase its height.
What do you expect to see? the platform height stays the same
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. yesterdays patch

Here's a video

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 51 (12,480 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Platforms autonomously raise height

Hero

Platforms will no longer raise in height automatically when creating new walls to intersect
part of them.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 51 of 51 (5,766 Views)

All Replies

Re: Platforms autonomously raise height

★★★★ Apprentice

It's kinda hard to see that video so I'm not sure if that's the same thing that was happening to me.  It seemed like making a platform near a corner that was of a different height would make a nearby platform randomly increase height.  I can see if I can find an example too but I was recording for hours so it might take a while to sift through it all.

Message 2 of 51 (12,401 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Oh you're right. that video is tiny! Let me try this again

edit: I don't know why this doesn't work. Does anyone know how to make this video viewable? 

But for now, these are pictures of what happens:

1.png

2.png

3.png

Message 3 of 51 (12,390 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yes the same thing happened to me. I was making multiple split levels using outdoor stairs as well. It made it such a tedious process to fix all of the rooms over and over again. 
Also I was able to view both your videos. 

Message 4 of 51 (12,351 Views)

Platform glitches

★★ Novice

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats &Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Journey to Batuu, Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Nifty knitting, Tiny Living, my first pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Backyard, Kids room, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, holiday celebration, grins ghoulish guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In build mode, begin by making a platform at a raised height. When walls are build around it it raises the platform itself to a higher level and will not let you lower the platform.
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to build walls around a platform, it raises the platform and I can’t lower it.
What do you expect to see? The platform shouldn’t raise without me making it. I should be able to place walls around it and not have the platform jump.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. When platforms were added.

https://youtu.be/rUTfByKQKmY 

this is the video of the bug. I couldn’t upload the video here 

Message 5 of 51 (12,332 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Platforms autonomously raise height

Hero

@juliabam123 

I was able to reproduce this with both platforms against an exterior wall and a platform in the middle of a room.  It does happen but it seems worse for platforms in the middle of the room.  I found that whenever a wall drawn on a platform intersects the edge of the platform, the platform will jump up autonomously.  If you keep doing it, you will eventually get an floor height offset out of bounds error and can't place any walls that intersect the edge but you can still add a wall in the middle of the platform.  But I had no problem lowering the platforms back to the height I wanted.  It's a pain, but at least I was able to get the look I wanted.

The reason I say that a platform in the middle of the room seems worse is that the jump is more.  Those against the wall only jumped up one level, but the one in the middle of the room jumped up 2 levels every time.  For the platform against the wall, the entire platform came up the same amount when I added additional walls.  The platform in the middle of the room did not.  After the 1st jump up, placing another wall intersecting the edge, part of the platform stayed where it was but the rest jumped up.  Again I was able to use the arrows and the entire platform at the height I wanted though.

Hope this helps.

Message 6 of 51 (12,267 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Platforms autonomously raise height

★★ Novice

I was able to get around the jumping by drawing walls one at a time not on the platform and then moving them onto the platform. Not ideal but for anyone desperate to build with platforms, here’s a temporary fix Standard smile

Message 7 of 51 (12,230 Views)

Platforms and wall interaction issues

★★★ Novice

Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Jigsaw puzzle bs with platforms
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a platform and make rooms on that platform
What happens when the bug occurs? You end up creating a jig saw puzzle..
What do you expect to see? A fix
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Snowy escape

Placed large platform to make it all 1 level floor. Ended up with a jigsaw puzzle.

Message 8 of 51 (12,155 Views)

Re: Platforms and wall interaction issues

★ Guide

I think most of us agree the platform should stay at its existing height when we build walls

Message 9 of 51 (12,132 Views)

Re: Platforms and wall interaction issues

Hero

@hongcouver2010 

I tested this and all I can say is Wow!  I was able to reproduce what you are getting.  By the time I was done, floor levels were all over the place.  When I began adding single walls with the wall tool, the platform kept jumping up and finally it was so high that I couldn't do anymore.  Then I lowered the platform and after that, it kept jumping down with every wall I added. 

So what I think may be happening is that the little arrows retain your last action when you use the arrows to raise or lower them. They may be retaining the up function initially and they shouldn't. 

I then moved to another test lot and tried again and the platform started going up again.  So on loading into to a new lot, it looks like the up/down function is reset as the default action rather than it being neutral so the platform retains the level you start with.

I also think this is the same issue going on in this post:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Platforms-autonomously-raise-height/m-p/9719405 

@IngeJones  I agree with you.  They should keep the level unless we raise them.

Hope this helps.

Message 10 of 51 (12,116 Views)