Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Platform/Stairs Error: 'Can't intersect obstructions'

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Eco, Uni, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Pets, City, Get Together, Get to Work.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure what makes the bug occur, but playing around with platforms and stairs when there is a level above ususally does it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Stairs don't place on platforms where they should be able to.
What do you expect to see? Stairs place nicely pls.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Platforms patch

I'm trying to use the new platform function to make a staircase with a large landing. However, only one tile on the platform allows me to place a staircase. This problem persists when I delete the ceiling of the "landing" room. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 7 of 35 (47,225 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Platform/Stairs Error: 'Can't intersect obstructions'

Hero

Raising terrain and then undoing that height adjustment or placing a platform no longer prevents objects from being placed in that area.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 35 of 35 (2,042 Views)

All Replies

[OPEN] Platforms after deletion restrict object placement

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats and dogs, city living, discover university, eco lifestyle, get famous, get to work, get together, island living, seasons. dine out, jungle adventure, outdoor retreat, parent hood, realm of magic, spa day, vampires, backyard stuff, bowling night stuff, cool kitchen stuff, kids room stuff, laundry day stuff, moschino stuff, movie hangout stuff, perfect patio stuff, romantic garden stuff, tiny living, toddler stuff, vintage glamour stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. place down a platform, adjust the height, try and place door on wall. 2. place platform as above, adjust or delete platform, try placing any item like bed, couch etc.
What happens when the bug occurs? 1. door is red, unable to be placed even after bulldozing the lot 2. object cannot be placed around the area of the platform after deletion
What do you expect to see? objects and doors should be able to be placed after deletion of platforms
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. updated to 1.68.154.1020

Platform placed (also deleted shortly after)

Wall placed and attempted door placement 

Object obstructed by nothing, Couch also obstructed

Counter for good measure 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 35 (31,011 Views)

Re: Platforms after deletion restrict object placement

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Jasperaus08

I was able to reproduce everything you posted so there is a bug of some type imo.

But I found that by leaving the lot and going to the map and then returning to the lot fixed it.  So it looks to be temporary and whatever was blocking the door and object placement goes away when I did that. 

After getting it to clear on the first test structure, I repeated it on the same lot in another place.  Built a room with a platform and deleted it and the issue happened again.  Leaving the lot and returning to it also cleared it up and I was able to place the door and a few objects again.

So, you can get around the problem by leaving the lot and reentering the lot from the map.

Hope this helps.   

Message 2 of 35 (30,958 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Platforms after deletion restrict object placement

@Jasperaus08 

When you lower the platform have you readjusted the floor so it is one room again? I had a platform in this room then lowered it down to ground level but the room still exists in two portions:

11-14-20_3_14_32 PM.png

I grabbed the other part of the room and pulled it to the left to create one room again:

11-14-20_3_14_47 PM.png

Placement is all fine again. Also, you can place objects with MOO enabled no problem.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 35 (30,911 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

i build kinda weirdly so there were no rooms when i discovered the issue i placed down the platform to see how it worked before starting my build and then deleted it once i got a feel for how it worked and thought about how to add it to my builds. i didn't think to try with moveobjects i will try that when i do play again

EDIT: bb.moveobjects on did work in allowing me to place in the area though ive had an issue for a while when using moveobjects where stuff in my house that i have placed with moveobjects will automatically go into my house inventory at random, its not super often but can be quite annoying when you've placed it just right and the item decides it doesn't want to cooperate Large smile

Message 4 of 35 (30,903 Views)

★ Novice

I had a similar issue yesterday. I was testing the platforms for the first time, placing a 3x3 square on the ground outside, then I added more smaller platforms on top of it. Then I hit undo until the platform was gone. I didn't think much of it until I then later tried to place something in the area where the platform had been, and it didn't want to be placed. Something invisible blocking the path. A save and reload back into the lot fixed it.

Message 5 of 35 (30,879 Views)

Champion
@Jasperaus08 I also have this and sometimes i get walls i can't delete or edit or add anything near because game tells me i am out of bounds when I am not

also stairs being placed next to wall that is at the end of platform tend to glitch out for some reason and platforms connecting to exterior walls seem to cause biggest glitches simply vanishing to thin air or raising and going down on their own when editing other parts of build
Message 6 of 35 (30,856 Views)

Re: platform stairs error; "can't intersect obstructions"

Hero
@heatherxirene Could you please edit your post and fill out the bug form ? Seems you weren't prompted for it.

Editing should help with that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 35 (47,126 Views)

★ Guide
@heatherxirene I built an exact copy of your building, and used the same stairs and ceilings lights as you. I eventually managed to reproduce your exact error message in the same place but only after a few successful times of placing the stairs!! I had to also reduce the higher platform down by one click - I had it up 4 stairs in height and reducing by one click so it would be an uneven number of stairs seemed to do the trick. At one point I actually got the message "bottom of stairs is off the lot" !!! So just try going up or down one click on your platform
Message 9 of 35 (47,119 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

even when deleting or removing platform if the obstruction object is created that point is inaccessible

Message 10 of 35 (46,916 Views)