by siirysiir

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Platform edge rendered in front of roof wall

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs and most other packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build one large room on ground. Build roof on top of that. In roof space create a platform. Wallpaper the outside of the house.
What happens when the bug occurs? The platform clips through roof walls
What do you expect to see? The roof wall should render over the platform
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The workaround is to use a halfwall over the unwanted platform edge.  It then takes on the desired wallpaper and as a bonus does not have a wall topping rail.  Since this is a graphics rendering issue any mods I have should not be related.   Since the workaround solves the problem so nicely this is not worth prioritising.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 2 (628 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Platform edge rendered in front of roof wall

★★ Pro
@IngeJones Yeah I'm seeing this too and it's unfortunate because since we can't have roofs on different heights I often resort to the good ol' trick of pulling a roof from somewhere else on top of a portion of the build to make it look like it has a roof on a different height and these solutions sometimes involve platforms inside those fake roof areas.
Message 2 of 2 (438 Views)