by ANANANANANANANAZ

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Plants look dark indoor

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open build mode and place the plants in the closed room
What happens when the bug occurs? The plants are very dark, almost black.
What do you expect to see? Normal plants? Yeah, that would be enough :D
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hello! I've had a problem with the plants from some time now, cannot say when exactly this happened but it's driving me insane since I can't use 30% of the plants indoors. I get that maybe the shadowing implies that those plants should be outside but they're in the category in kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, etc. it would be wasteful to use it only indoors. Besides, the trees/bushes/flowers from build mode don't have this shadowing and still work indoors/outdoors. 

It's sad since I like many of them and wish to use them indoors but they're pitch black... I tried putting the light inside using MOO but it doesn't help...

The problem is present on both Windows and Mac (tested both OSes). I have a picture in which I place down below (infected plants vs the good one for comparison). The screenshot is quite old, so the plants from current packs aren't there (can't launch TS4 currently since I have iOS Catalina installed). 

sad plants

Message 1 of 7 (1,755 Views)

Re: Weird shadowing

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ANANANANANANANAZ Do you have a PC and a Mac you tested this on or did you test bootcamp Windows ?

What graphics card do you have ?

EDIT

Could you please enter your game version instead of current ?

Here's instructions: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/
and here's reason why: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Break-Aug-19th-Aug-25th/m-p/7228122#M101403

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,728 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Plants look dark indoor

@ANANANANANANANAZ 

I can see a darker shadow on top of the large round bush and they do seem a little darker in my game too:

09-29-19_1:02:44 PM.png

But they are ostensibly outdoor plants so really, is the issue that they are wrongly categorised do you think? I would lean towards that.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 7 (1,703 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

At least the 'ball-bush' is dark by design, according to the answer in this bug thread:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-Wall-Sculptures-and-Plants-darkened-in-the-Interior/...

Message 4 of 7 (1,696 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Hello! I have 1.55.108.1220 (09/17/2019) Mac version of the game.
My graphics card specs: AMD Radeon R9 M290X
My Mac is from late 2014, 24 GB of RAM, current iOS - Catalina 10.15 Beta (but I can't launch the game now, I used to have Mojave iOS, when I was able to play the game). Also I used to have PC where I played TS4 but I sold it a few weeks ago, hence I was able to test it on both platforms.

I've written about this issue few months/year ago (can't really tell) back on Twitter to one of the Sim Gurus (I think it was Sim Guru Kate), before I knew we had Sims Forums. It's definitely there for some time and I just wondered if it's possible to fix it, to use those indoors?
Message 5 of 7 (1,655 Views)

Hero
@ANANANANANANANAZ It might as well just be by design as the other thread @DonroaAkashu linked.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (1,652 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It is possible that those are wrongly categorized but I remember when Get Together launched those "fancy" plants in stone pots didn't have this shadow, or maybe I'm wrong about it. What I remember it happened after some update. 

Message 7 of 7 (1,651 Views)