by wombatilim

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] PlantSims hunger not persistent when travelling

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a PlantSim and let him travel between worlds with different weather.
What happens when the bug occurs? The hunger bar is not persistent. After loading it up in sunny Oasis Springs, it may be immediately back to yellow when arriving in rainy Brindleton Bay.
What do you expect to see? Persistent hunger.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is just a minor issue, but it makes playing PlantSims very hard if you have Seasons installed. I had 4 days of thunderstorm in BB and my Sims was often near starvation.

Workarounds are the weather machine and absorbing energy from plants (works also with plants outside lots).

Message 1 of 4 (1,162 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] PlantSims hunger not persistent when travelling

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,122 Views)

★★★ Guide

This is still happening and it's making the new PlantSim scenario a challenge in an unexpected way. I'm finding myself reluctant to leave my home lot at all to avoid the hunger reset, especially at night.

Message 3 of 4 (847 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Not sure
What is your current game version number? 1.91.205.1020

Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living

Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Journey to Batuu, Werewolves

Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry Day, My First Pet, Moschino, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting, Paranormal

I'm playing the PlantSim scenario and I've noticed that both Water and Hunger seem to reset when I travel. Water resets to nearly full and Hunger resets to a little more than half-full. The Hunger reset makes gameplay more difficult than it should be, as others have noted. On the plus side, it seems like travelling between lots might be exploitable as a way to keep Hunger under control.

Message 4 of 4 (703 Views)