Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Pizza can't delivered properly if porch < 4 tiles

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Go to Sulani to the Lagoon Look Lot 2. Order Pizza 3. Wait for the Pizza Guy 4. Try to get the pizza 5. You'll get routing failure with a lock although the door is not locked at all At times the Pizza guy doesn't make it to the door and just stands there. My Sim is then able to get the Pizza from him.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim can't take the Pizza from the Pizza Guy is it route fails. It seems to happen on all porches that are smaller than 4 tiles. Seems like there's not enough room for Pizza delivery otherwise.
What do you expect to see? Sim being able to get his/her Pizza
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

-   

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 9 (20,948 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims pizza delivery lock thought bubble, doors not locked.

Hero

Pizza delivery to Lagoon Look Lot has been fixed to arrive promptly.

This is Sulani Deep Lagoon Pizza, home of the 2x1 Mermadic Kelp Pizza and the Salty Llama Combo, may I take your order?
<Descriptive Simlish on the line>
Uh huh… uh huh…
<Indescribable Simlish on the line>
Yes, we now can ACTUALLY deliver to Lagoon Look…
<Interrogative Simlish on the line>
Yes, we told our delivery Sims that they need to deliver it there and not keep the pizza for themselves… like give it to the actual client.
<Surprised Simlish on the line>

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (13,977 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Pizza can't delivered properly if porch < 4 tiles

Champion (Retired)

Same issue on that lot with Welcome Wagon and when Sulani neighbors came to visit. 

If my Sim was outside he could greet them. If visitors were standing on the porch he could not greet or interact with them. 

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 9 (20,897 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Expert

Same issue and lot. My sim was unable to Take Pizza from the pizza deliverer standing outside the door on the porch; but waved their arms and had a lock in a bubble. When trying to Invite Neighbours In (welcome wagon), my sim went and stood on the ground next to the porch, by the mailbox (two neighbours was outside the door on the porch). I changed the door opening direction (it opens outward by default), which made it possible to welcome two neighbours in while standing on the porch. I pulled the door inwards one grid slot; that changed nothing. I locked the door/unlocked the door; that made no difference. I rebuilt the porch making it 4 grid slots wide (the stairs too) and then the pizza could be taken.

Message 3 of 9 (20,872 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Same locked door thought bubble from my sim when pizza was delivered. In addition to the previous reports' symptoms, I also tried locking the door to everyone but employees and household and the sim / then unlocking them all. No combos worked, always got the "door is locked" animation.

Message 4 of 9 (20,839 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict So I had this issue with 2 characters, and it appears that i put "private home" on both houses. When i removed that characteristic, the pizza deliver finally came! (tried only on one character tho). Check this!
Message 5 of 9 (20,459 Views)

Sims pizza delivery lock thought bubble, doors not locked.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? most up to date.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Alot
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Order a pizza
What happens when the bug occurs? The pizza arrives, I go to take pizza. My sims screams with a lock though bubble above his head,. Doors not locked. Door is faced correct way. pizza delivery leaves pizza on the floor inside. says they left it outside and leaves.
What do you expect to see? i walk outside and take the pizza
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The only bug i've not been able to move past or find a solution for is the pizza deliver. I order a pizza. Doesn't matter if it is cheese, pepporoni, or hawaiian. The pizza guy shows up. sometimes two of them. 1 will walk past the house the other will walk to my door. I click on the pizza guy and click accept pizza. my sim will scream and have a lock thought bubble appear above his head and the current action will be canceled. At this point. If i enter build mode, the pizza guy automatically drops his pizza and will remain at my door for a while. But upon entering build mode. I have tried increasing my door steps, and changing doors. After each of these steps i have re-ordered a pizza with same results. ive tried restarting the game same results. Ive tried researching all of the forums to no avail. this seems to be a common problem with sims 4. When is this fix going to be applied?

Edit:

Update on my own ticket. Problem solved. If you cannot take a pizza. its because the "Take Pizza" option is not allowed to be performed at the top of, bottom of, or on the stairs. So what does this mean?. If you just added stairs to the front of your house. And it leads directly to the door. the top the of the stairs does not count as a landing or deck. Solution. Drag your foundation out 1 square. Push your wall back 1 square this will create a "deck" then add your stairs to the foundation. hopefully this helps.

(Merge post) - Atic

Message 6 of 9 (17,999 Views)

Hero
@PaintChipz I merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (17,946 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Sorry for necroing this, but the issue on the lot Lagoon Lookout in Sulani, with the stairs being too small; seems to apply when there is a fire as well and the islanders show up to put it out. They could not come in, as per the notification:

can't get to fire sulani Lagoon Lookout.png

When I widened the stairs to 4 tiles, and started another fire; they could run into the house and put the fire out.

Message 8 of 9 (16,354 Views)

Hero

Pizza delivery to Lagoon Look Lot has been fixed to arrive promptly.

This is Sulani Deep Lagoon Pizza, home of the 2x1 Mermadic Kelp Pizza and the Salty Llama Combo, may I take your order?
<Descriptive Simlish on the line>
Uh huh… uh huh…
<Indescribable Simlish on the line>
Yes, we now can ACTUALLY deliver to Lagoon Look…
<Interrogative Simlish on the line>
Yes, we told our delivery Sims that they need to deliver it there and not keep the pizza for themselves… like give it to the actual client.
<Surprised Simlish on the line>

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (13,978 Views)