Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Photos taken with camera & phone are blurry

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except - My first Pet Stuff, Kids room stuff, Toddler Stuff and spooky stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When taking any photo using a camera, including selfies.
What happens when the bug occurs? Photos taken by a sim using any camera appear pixelated/fuzzy, very poor quality. All photos look poor in quality despite description of photos as being 'outstanding' and the sim having max level photography skill. Issue still occurs with no mods/cc installed and on new game save.
What do you expect to see? Photos taken by sims to be of better quality.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Issue still occurs with no mods/cc installed and on new game save.

Message 1 of 11 (5,128 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Moschino - blurry photos

Hero

Fixed an issue where some photos taken were a bit blurry when placed in frames in Live Mode.
○ Sent all of our cameras to maintenance for repairs, enjoy!

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (5,009 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Loves2draw1812 What's your graphics card ? Could you post a picture of you ingame graphics settings ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (5,061 Views)

★ Apprentice

My Graphics card is a NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 645

I've no problems taking screenshots, the quality of them is fine. Even the screenshots that appear from the camera images are fine, but in game the photos are awful.

I've tried in fullscreen mode as well, made no difference.

Message 3 of 11 (5,037 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

2FDD0779-257C-4292-8971-0FEF98DEBB27.pngI’m having the same problem, my settings are on Ultra with everything set to high or very high. The screenshots I take are clear, and in game photos are clear if viewed in the screenshot folder, but super blurry if viewed in the game (on the wall or surface). I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

Message 4 of 11 (4,950 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I can confirm that my photos are also not as clear as I'd expect a photo to be, though I wasn't sure if that was just how it was, similar how paint by references are not clear (though the paint by references are much less clear than these photos). Here's a screenshot of some photos in the game (two on the wall and one on a surface).

The two photos on the left were taken with the new multi piece back drop, the one on the bottom right was taken in the sims' home, though all were taken with the tripod and the most expensive base game camera. My graphics are on ultra and my graphics card is NVidia GTX 1060. 

As some points of comparison, here's what a clip of the screenshot of the bottom LH and RH corners looks like (ie from my screenshot folder vs the photo in the game).

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 5 of 11 (4,939 Views)

★★ Guide

I have made photos before the last patch and now with the new camera. The photos ingame have always been like old Impressionist masterpieces Standard smile: blurred up close and only at a distance with recognizable contours.

Screenshots are also blurred and pixelated in the enlargement. The resolution of an object in the game can not really be compared with a screenshot.

Here examples before the Moschino-Patch. I think there is noch difference to the photos now:

Unbenannt.pngBild eines Bildes.png

And if you would come nearer to the photo it would become more blurred. Try Photo Filter (here white vignette) for interesting effects. But sharper in the game, I think, will probably not be possible.

Message 6 of 11 (4,925 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Photos taken with camera are blurry

Hero
@Loves2draw1812 As I don't have time to test, is it only photos taken with the camera or also if you take them with your phone ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (4,903 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Photos taken with camera are blurry

★ Apprentice

@crinrict

Both camera and phone.

Message 8 of 11 (4,854 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Screenshots made in game are blurred

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Mine are still blurry. 

Message 9 of 11 (4,749 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Screenshots made in game are blurred

Hero
@b-simgirl Moved your post over to the current thread on the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (4,731 Views)