by missagatha

Original Post

[OPEN] [CD] Pets resetting off/wandering off exam tables in vet career

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions and packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Run a vet surgery and examine patients.
What happens when the bug occurs? Animals are resetting off the exam tables when called over for examination. The interaction works successfully on the second (or rarely the third) attempt.
What do you expect to see? Animals successfully proceeding onto the exam table without manual intervention after the greet patient interaction is complete.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After Cats and Dogs was installed.

About 50-70% of the time when an animal is called or proceeds automatically to the exam table, it climbs on and the table raises, then it immediately resets off the table again.

This seems to happen more frequently with smaller animals - cats and small dogs, but it is happening on most interactions my sim runs now. In 99% of these cases, clicking the table again and selecting "Begin Examination" allows the interaction to proceed as desired. On one occasion so far, the dog reset off the table a second time. However, in 38 animals treated over two sessions, that second error only happened that once.

It doesn't generally seem to affect NPC vets, although they and pets they're examining sometimes reset if I praise employees.

This is just a minor annoyance, but I thought it was worth reporting anyway.

NB: I removed all mods and disabled the menu option before creating this save file.

Message 1 of 73 (8,198 Views)

Re: Pets resetting off exam tables in vet career

Hero

Do you have any last exception files you could attach ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 73 (8,125 Views)

★ Guide

Possibly?

It didn't generate any lastexception error notifications on screen, but there's a couple of lastexception / lastuiexception files in the Sims 4 folder. Not sure if they'd be much use to you, but I can still upload them.

How do I do that?

(Sorry if it takes a while to get to the upload - nearly bedtime.)

Message 3 of 73 (8,120 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

This happened to me too, only I was not ever able to complete the examination, he reset probably 5 or 6 times before I gave up and just closed the vet clinic. I have 0 CC/mods installed. 

Message 4 of 73 (8,119 Views)

Hero

Do you have any files you can attach to your post ? Just click on upload file and attach the text files.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 73 (8,116 Views)

★ Guide

Here are the lastexception files from my game.

Hope they help!

Message 6 of 73 (8,090 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having this problem, too. It seems to be happening as often as every other sim day and it happens to every single pet that comes in that day. It happens to the NPC Vets as well as my own household.

Message 7 of 73 (8,085 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm also having this problem at my veterinarian's office. Whenever my Sim is going to examine some pet, it happens to be a reset and I have to click on the exam table again to be able to examine the pet. Can The Sims team sort this out, please?

Message 8 of 73 (8,079 Views)

Hero

Could you guys please also attach your exception files ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 73 (8,066 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This file you need? had some others in the folder, but with numbers in the front so I'm in doubt and I sent this. If you need others too, just let me know

Message 10 of 73 (8,053 Views)