Re: I tried to sell my kitten the buyer is not able to pick it up.

by MoonX07

Original Post

Hero
@MoonX07 Best to upload a video to youtube as unlisted and just put the link here.

Does this happen in any house you try or just a particular one ?

Does the adoption scenario end ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 34 (8,078 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I recorded it in sims 4. I'll try to fix it. But it has only happened in a specific house.

Message 12 of 34 (8,062 Views)

★ Novice

I recorded it in sims 4. I'll try to fix it. But it has only happened in a specific house. The adoption scenario does not end. So when i left i lost ALOT of progress.

Message 13 of 34 (8,057 Views)

Hero
@MoonX07 This issue actually is supposed to be fixed so could you please verify your game version ?

Here's instructions where to find it: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/8775353#M124496

Does this happen each time you try to sell a pet or was it a one time thing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 34 (1,767 Views)

★ Novice

This happended 3 times. My current game version is:       1.62.67.1020

Message 15 of 34 (1,753 Views)

Hero
@MoonX07 OK. Thanks for verifying.

Guess this is still an issue then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 34 (1,730 Views)

pet adoption services won't leave

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.67
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything except for realm of magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i tried resetting object, nothing happened.
What happens when the bug occurs? pet is getting taken away. i cant exit the game. the adoption services either stands still in place with a simulation glitch of grabbing something. it got to the point where because the adoption services didnt take the pet away, it ended up running away, and i couldnt save the game and exit until it came back. the second time this happen the adoption services kept running on the treadmill instead of taking the pet away
What do you expect to see? my pet get taken away and them leaving
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

this has happened twice

EDIT by Crinrict: Added proper version number

Message 17 of 34 (1,686 Views)

Re: pet adoption services won't leave

Hero
@diadn Merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 34 (1,650 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [CD] The adoption agency doesn't do their job

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@morGGan_ckI am currently having this issue and the only thing that seemed to work in ending the adoption was leaving the house and or world my sims live in. It also got the adoption person to leave my sims house as well. (IDK if this makes any difference but I am playing on an Xbox One)

Message 19 of 34 (1,629 Views)

The Sims 4: Selling Kitten Glitch 2021

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So I had a look to see if others have had this issue. But I could only find similar issues that had happened years ago. So, I'm hoping to get some up-to-date advice.

I created a new household and was playing just fine. I figured out you could sell kittens so when my cats made one I put it up for adoption to make some quick funds. I got the money almost instantly. I didn't even see how much I got tho that may have been because it was on fast forward. I defiantly to the money it was 200 or something. But then a few moments later the adoption service NPC Lady turned up. She stood there for a moment doing her animation with her hand, I assume to show picking up or putting down the pet crate but never did. but then she never left. She has been there for about 45 minutes now in real-time and many days in the game. My sim will go to work, sleep lives his normal life, and she is just there. Mostly continuing to do her picking up the kitten animation loop. But She has even walked around the house, cleaned the toilet watched TV, and changed her outfit from a work suit to a basketball outfit. Which I find odd.  The kitten is still on the lot and logged as I still own it, aging and living a pretty normal life, eating pooping etc. Tbh it wouldn't really be too annoying if the woman never left even tho I can't interact with her at all. The main issue is I can't enter build mode, travel, or save the game. So I'm going to have to now lose the hours of gameplay. 

Does anyone know what I can do? Is there hope for saving my game? Will the game catch back up and sort itself on its own? 

Well... After I wrote my first post, I went back into the game, my sim went to put his bed down got crushed by the "tiny living bed" the adoption service lady was shocked, still wearing her basketball outfit may I add. And that was it... Game over.

I guess I'm not too upset. Since the glitch made it so I couldn't save the game anyways. Unsure if there was a link to the sudden death or coincidence. I hope this made for a good story. 

-I'd still love to know if there is a way to un glitch the game if I ever encounter it again tho! Standard smile

Just a follow-up. Once death came, the game over screen pops up. Giving you the option to save and manage worlds or exit. I saved the game but then it keeps you in the game with the household. You have no access to any of the sims ( i only had 1 human the rest were racoons/cats) All the cats are no longer there as they get taken away. The adoption service NPC and death just hang out. Until death leaves and the NPC Lady just stays in the house...  So effectively the adoption lady stoll your house. You can't do anything from this point other than quit the game pretty much or just watch the NPC. 

Lastly, even tho it gave me the option to save. After you quit the game if you go back to your save file it doesn't count as being saved. So you do lose all the gameplay
Message 20 of 34 (1,489 Views)