Game stuck on pet evaluation

by britneyelainemil

Original Post

[OPEN] Pet Adoption/Selling event getting stuck (Patch 1.62.67)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have the base game and i'm only using cat's and dogs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to sell the kitten. I've tried 3 times, Every time the buyer gets stuck swinging their hand around close to the kitten. And after some time they just leave without the cat. But i get the money tho.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time the buyer gets stuck swinging their hand around close to the kitten. And after some time they just leave without the cat. But i get the money tho.
What do you expect to see? The owner swinging one hand above the kitten. After some time they leave. Without the kitten. But i get paid.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have footage of this but i don't know how to add it. I try to sell the kitten, the buyer comes. Every time the buyer gets stuck swinging their hand around close to the kitten. And after some time they just leave without the cat. But i get the money tho. I've tried 3 times.

[Admin - updated version number]

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 10 of 34 (13,790 Views)

Pet social worker won't take pet and the crate

★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? PC: 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs,City Living, Get Famous, Get to Work, Seasons, Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get your dog taken away due to neglect.
What happens when the bug occurs? The pet social worker comes in and the crate is placed, but they never take the dog away. I can't save, I can't go into build mode, I can't travel because it said I cannot do anything because a sim is dying(???) so then I tried to put the pet up for adoption. Someone else came and the action of the dog being taken away resumed, but now there's still a crate on the lot making actions still frozen except this time it's saying because there's a sim leaving my house. Either times, I couldn't interact with the social workers but they went about their life as if they were living in my house.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the crate to go away or be able to at least travel or build so that I can remove the crate. Or at least interact with the social worker.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Cheat will also not work likely because of the limbo my sims are in, aka, a sim dying or leaving the household so I can't reset any objects or sims or anything.

Message 1 of 34 (13,703 Views)

Re: Pet social worker won't take pet and the crate

Hero
@Lil_Redd12 Could you please patch your game and check if the same issue occurs ? You're several patches behind if 1.59 is your current patch number.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 34 (13,667 Views)

the sims 4 pet adoption stuck

★ Novice

The sims 4

The pet adoption feature is stuck, the adoption agent is walking around my house and the dog will not go, i can't save the game nor do anything else, Is there anyway to somehow reset this feature and not loose my progress?

Please help.

Message 3 of 34 (8,848 Views)

★ Novice

Sorry I couldn't view which version I had because I wasn't trying to leave my game and didn't know how to view it. But I actually have the 1.62.67.1020 version! Also, I was only able to resolve the issue by having a baby, which forces the sims to go to the hospital. That was the only way I could leave my lot and when I got back, the crate and the social worker were gone.

Message 4 of 34 (13,639 Views)

Re: the sims 4 pet adoption stuck

Hero
@MariWolfYT Did you adopt the dog or give him up for adoption ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 34 (8,813 Views)

Re: the sims 4 pet adoption stuck

★★★ Expert

@MariWolfYT It's possible that one of the NPC Sims temporarily glitched or had an action get stuck. First though, you might want to double-check that the game isn't waiting on you to take some kind of action, i.e. either adopting the pet or clicking on the agent and selecting "End Adoption Evaluation". If it is a glitch though, you can try using the Reset Object (Debug) option on the adoption agent and/or the dog.

With testingcheats enabled Shift + Click on the Sim and select Reset Object (Debug). Try using it for both Sims and hopefully they will be able to complete whatever actions were holding things up.

Message 6 of 34 (8,798 Views)

Hero
@Lil_Redd12 Does it happen every time or was it a one time occurrence ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 34 (13,611 Views)

Game stuck on pet evaluation

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? v 1.22
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Cats and dogs, Parenthood, City living, Get together
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After the pet evaluation ends, the game still performs as if it was happening
What happens when the bug occurs? You cant edit the lot, travel anywhere else, save the game, manage worlds, etc
What do you expect to see? For the evaluation to end
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I adopted a dog and got a notification that the pet evaluation was ending. Although, the game doesn't seem to realize that it ended. I can't go into build mode, CAS, I can't travel, and most importantly I cant save. The problem is I can't remember the last time I saved the game, so I don't want to lose a bunch of progress. Any suggestions?

Message 8 of 34 (13,631 Views)

Re: Game stuck on pet evaluation

Hero
@britneyelainemil The only known workaround that seems to work is having a baby at the hospital as this will end the process. Otherwise you will need to shoot down the game.

Does this happen every time you try to adopt a pet and if so, did you test without mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 34 (13,618 Views)