by blazingfire6370

Original Post

[OPEN] Past Romantic Relationships still using Romantic Greeting

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a divorced couple start a conversation with their divorced spouse without using romantic interactions since the breakup.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the bug occurs the sims will use the traditional "kiss cheek" romantic greeting instead of a regular greeting
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the divorced, broken up, or just friends sim not use a romantic greeting when starting a conversation with the past lover (After they haven't done romantic interactions since the just friends, break up, or divorce interaction)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Overall I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but it just doesn't seem to make sense with realistic gameplay. If you ask a sim to be just friends, break up with them, or divorce them, and haven't done any romantic interactions after that action, then they should not use a romantic greeting when starting a conversation. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 9 (1,842 Views)

Re: Past Romantic Relationships still using Romantic Greeting

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I tried  the divorced social on one of my married sims with full romantic relationship, it sent the romance bar to 100% red, which set the relationship as its complicated.  Your sims are still a romantic interest and will have to wait until the romance bar deteriorates before you loose the romantic interest with that sim.

Edit: which is the source of the greeting.

Message 2 of 9 (1,800 Views)

Hero

Hi @blazingfire6370 

What level is their current romantic relationship ? Deplated or all red ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (1,773 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Past Romantic Relationships still using Romantic Greeting

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Same issue as well.  Sims greet their ex lovers with a Cute Wave , Passionate Kiss , Blow Kiss and the Cheek Kiss social that was mentioned above. It doesn't matter if the romance bar is 0  through -100 they'll still greet their ex lover(s) with one of the romantic greetings.

Message 4 of 9 (1,767 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Past Romantic Relationships still using Romantic Greeting

★ Guide
I've noticed this too as the Sims in my game have started to break up/become just friends/divorce. They almost always use Kiss Cheek to greet when the bar is red (-100) and it lowers the redness of the bar. If they're just friends, the bar will tick up pink. I thought it was just something quirky with the way Sims are, but I'll click Me Too on this one also because it does seem strange and makes current partners jealous.
Message 5 of 9 (1,760 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict When the issue occurred, the romantic relationship bar was completely red. 

Message 6 of 9 (1,743 Views)

Hero
Thanks for that info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (1,738 Views)

Hero
added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (1,715 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Past Romantic Relationships still using Romantic Greeting

★★★★ Pro

This happened to me just now. The sims are exes and the romance-bar is red and a bit more than half full.

Message 9 of 9 (1,527 Views)