by alanmichael1

Original Post

[OPEN] Parents refuse to put sleepy toddlers to bed

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I don't own University, Moshino, Backyard Stuff or My First Pet.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Tell an adult sim to either read or put their toddler to sleep when the child is exhausted.
What happens when the bug occurs? I tell my parent Sim to take his sleepy child to bed. He shrugs his shoulders, complains about how he can't get to the bed and the goes to dance at the radio in the basement even though he has a full Fun bar.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my Sim put his toddler to bed when I tell him to do so.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This was the November 12th patch JUST RELEASED TODAY.

UPDATE:  Removed other issues to streamline discussion and resolution of bed issue.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 11 (1,241 Views)

Re: Parents refuse to put sleepy toddlers to bed

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Valnatron Is your bed against a wall on one of the long sides ?

As for your other issues, please use this threads:
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Jumpy-Animation-Bug-After-Newest-Patch/td-p/6876628/
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Play-with-Toddler-animation-broken/m-p/8098849

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Toddlers-Needs-Decreases-at-a-Rapid-Rate/td-p/8418...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,195 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It is not.  Two beds have the head boards against the wall and the third is in the middle of the room, obstructed by nothing.  Each bed is different too, so they are not all the same "model" or from the same expansion / pack / base game.

Message 3 of 11 (1,160 Views)

Hero
@Valnatron Is this only for toddlers or also happening for children ?

Could you please edit your first post to make this only about the put to bed interaction. Use the other threads for the rest.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (1,147 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Parents refuse to put sleepy toddlers to bed

★★★★ Apprentice

This has been happening to me as well, however it was before the November 2019 patch. I'm pretty sure it started for me after the small October patch. Sometimes reloading the game temporarily fixes it, and I can usually get my sims to put toddlers to bed by controlling the adult sim to use the interaction from toddler care instead of having the adult click on the bed.

Message 5 of 11 (1,128 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Parents refuse to put sleepy toddlers to bed

Hero
@arterialrainbow Before this patch, it didn't work when the bed was against a wall on one side but now it doesn't seem to work at all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (1,126 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Only toddlers and I have edited the post as you requested.

Message 7 of 11 (1,070 Views)

Hero
@Valnatron Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (1,058 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I tested this with toddlers. When the long side is against the wall I get the blocked bubble. With the short side everything works fine.

Message 9 of 11 (1,052 Views)

Hero
@alanmichael1 Seems it's hit and miss now. I had a few times where it didn't work on the short side either.

The thread for the long side against wall is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Toddlers-can-t-be-put-to-bed-read-to-sleep-if-bed-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (1,045 Views)