Re: [FIXED] Child aged Sim is "romantic interest" of his Father and vi

by Kittybass

Original Post

★ Novice

This is the worst glitch I have ever experienced.  Father has a romantic relationship with his daughter and his son.  No mods no custom content.  PC.  And no I did not observe the actions that caused this new and inappropriate glitch.  I have noticed new Heart++ in family interactions. I have tried relationship.destroy with sim id and it did not work (yes I have read this entire thread)  

Message 21 of 88 (2,370 Views)

Hero
@Alatar63 I moved your post over to a more current thread.

Do you have any idea how it happened ? Can you send your save to QA as asked above ?

There is a known issue currently with room mate but for this there haven't been any reports in a while.

To be sure, are the children still kids or an older age group?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 88 (2,340 Views)

★★ Guide

Just had this happen for the first time. I've had this save for a while and never experienced this before. I am on PC and use mods. I've read through some of the other posts and it just so  happens to be Love Day in this house and it's likely that their YA son stepped into a conversation where a flirtatious joke was made, one parent is a goofball, so I'm guessing that's what happened. I think I saved a few hours (game time) before Love Day arrived so I'm just going to go back to that save point, before it happened. 

Message 23 of 88 (2,281 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Parents have romantic interest in their children

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue but its with two of the same gender but they are family how do I stop it. I Don't like seeing it. It freaks me out also it's not pink but red what does that mean???

Message 24 of 88 (2,130 Views)

★★ Novice

Red means dislike, not romantic. It's like hatred or sibling rivalry. So no issue there.

Message 25 of 88 (2,068 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This is happening in my game too in August 2021. No mods no CC. This is truly a foul glitch, especially seeing it’s been happening for years. It is ruining my gameplay. I had a wholesome family story and now the dad and his toddler daughter have a “budding romance”. Of all of the ridiculous glitches I’ve experienced and seen this is truly the worst thing I can imagine. 

Message 26 of 88 (2,013 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I had this happen a couple of times.  Frown  It is, IMHO, THE WORST BUG IMAGINABLE.  It's really upsetting.

If you can roll back a save, that's probably the best solution, but do send Nick a copy of your save.

(My Sim parents lived in a very small space and were disgustingly in love and autonomously performing romantic actions with each other all the time, and apparently the kids kept walking into the "area of effect," or so it seemed.)

Message 27 of 88 (1,995 Views)

★★ Guide

this is also happening on XBone.

An adult sim of mine has a "romantic interest" in his young adult son and vise versa.

Dont know what caused it, so far it only happend to these two sims tho.

Message 28 of 88 (1,964 Views)

★★★ Newbie

New to the sims, had the game for a week and have been playing religiously, but now this is happening. Base game, no packs or expansions besides holiday, no mods, origin PC. This has happened 3 times in the last 24 hours (9pm, 2am, 10pm) . Twice with the toddler sim’s mother, and now once with the father. I’ve built a separate room for the toddler and his bed, I’m considering aging him up to a child next. I’ve been using the method of saving the household to library, evicting and deleting, and moving them back in, but the process of saving, dispersing inventory around the house, moving inventory back to my sims, and modifying relationships back to their original levels takes at least 40 minutes. It’s game breaking, horribly frustrating, and revolting. 

I was in disbelief when I saw that this has been occurring for years and isn’t solved. Unlike my tech guru sims I don’t know programming, but this feels ridiculous??? It also seems the consensus is the cause is flirty group conversations rubbing off, but it’s impossible to keep an eye on that every second of the game. After the 2nd incident, I was obsessively checking the toddler’s relationships repeatedly. I was on pins and needles anytime the toddler interacted with his parents, supposedly innocent things like hugs, baths, flash cards. This is really gonna make me take a break from that save, or maybe the game entirely, and forget buying DLC for a game that’s unplayable for the grossest reasons. I’m so frustrated.

Message 29 of 88 (1,907 Views)

my toddler has a romantic relationship with his dad

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions All but batuu game pack Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I dont know
What happens when the bug occurs? Parent has romance with a toddler
What do you expect to see? no romance
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've disabled my mods now and still has a romantic relationship with his dad

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KeuWQ8yIqmX-oVOUFDWs6KKzwBdLlf_M/view?usp=sharingo

Message 30 of 88 (1,898 Views)