Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Parents have romantic interest in their children

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.17.4.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the expansion, game and stuff packs for console.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not sure how to answer that question.
What happens when the bug occurs? I click on relationships on the bottom right hand corner to see what sort of relationships that particular sim has with other sims and I have noticed that it states that parents have a romantic interest in their children.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the romantic interest part to not be under the parent and children relationships.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

See screenshots below.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 86 (14,944 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim had romantic interaction with child

EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello.

We would like to collect more affected (unmodded) save files with this issue, preferably from both before and after the issue occurred.

If you'd like to share, instructions are here:

http://x.ea.com/74420

View in thread

Message 70 of 86 (5,588 Views)

All Replies

Re: Parents have romantic interest in their children.

Community Manager (retired)

Can you think of anything you were doing in your save game that could've caused this? Something we've seen in the past, that was recently fixed, was Make a Flirtatious Joke in group conversations was applying Romantic Interest to everyone in the group (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Romantic-interest-for-everyone-in-group-conversations/td...). Could something like that have been what happened? That was fixed in the 1.16 Patch for Console, but the fix wouldn't have fixed relationship levels with pre-existing Sims. How long have you been playing that particular save? Is it possible that the Sims had that relationship before July 16th (when Patch 1.16 was released)?

Thanks so much for the help Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 86 (14,848 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello!

I wasn't doing anything in particular as far as I can recall. I was observing them interact with each other and I don't believe the parents did any romantic actions. The parents were created on the 21st of July (I made them husband and wife in CAS and the children were born in game.) so that would make it around two days since I've played this save and I noticed the issue had occurred at some point during yesterday afternoon

D

Message 3 of 86 (14,834 Views)

★★ Guide
@DaleyF2 I have had this happen, too! Also, with siblings a couple of times.
Message 4 of 86 (14,821 Views)

★★★ Novice
@JulietJuly22 Did you find out what the cause was?
Message 5 of 86 (14,814 Views)

★★ Guide

Nope lol! I figured it was something I managed to break somehow, tbh. >_< 

Message 6 of 86 (14,803 Views)

@JulietJuly22 What platform were you on? Also Xbox? Thanks for the help!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 86 (14,636 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm on PC, actually!

Message 8 of 86 (14,615 Views)

@JulietJuly22 Could you possibly share your save file with me where you've seen this issue? It'd really help us for figuring out what's going on. Thanks so much for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

Message 9 of 86 (14,590 Views)

My wife flirted with my daughter now they have a sexual relationship

★ Novice

I apologize for the frantic mess below, but I find what happened to be disgusting and I humbly come to the forums in need of guidance, what is below is a list of information which I presume could be useful to fixing whatever has occurred.

Thank you Heart

I do have mods, but none of them have anything to do with relationships, all are poses, clothing, and furniture

I did not use any cheats to force this to happen

My sim's wife and my sim are both female

All of our children are female

I don't know what action made this occur, but it did occur after my wife used the "kiss baby" action from her political career, something that she never did before

She kissed her own baby, her daughter

The baby is both my wife and my sim's child

The toddler is also both my wife and my sim's child

The toddler is also female, and was adopted

The toddler was adopted before my parent sims were wed and only my sim was clarified as a parent initially

I used "cas.fulleditmode" to force my wife to also be a mother of the toddler

My toddler is also female, and was adopted

My sim's wife and my sim were married before the birth of the other two daughters

The daughter the wife kissed was the second born of the twins, so the youngest child of the 3

The wife has special presets, she can get others pregnant, but can not do anything else that a male sim can do

The wife also has a female preset body

Nothing in her anatomy was changed post-initial-cas mode

The wife got my sim pregnant and no cheats were needed to clarify her relations to the twins

My sim also recently retired as a young adult via cheats

I had approximately 17 minutes of game-play until the incestual and pedophillic event occurred, and my computer just turned on

The only other thing running was google chrome, and the page open was https://sims-online.com/sims-4-game-info/sims-4-game-cheats-codes/

I immediately stopped game-play when I noticed that my wife had a sexual relations with our toddler

Their relationship status was "budding romance"

I used cheats to remove all sexual nature from their relationship, but the bar is still there

My questions are:

How do I reset their relationship?

Is this a bug? if so, should I report it?

Message 10 of 86 (14,587 Views)