by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [PS4/XB1] Pool water texture not applying

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? BASE: 1.32.85.2300 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Dine Out, Vampires, StrangerVille, Laundry Day Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim’s Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load in family from neighbourhood, go into build mode, construct pool, go to pool water styles, select Dreaming of Water, and try to apply. (I had been building for approximately an hour before placing the pool in, unsure if that may cause it to bug out)
What happens when the bug occurs? Instead of the water being turned pink-purple, it applies to the floor, and if purchased and applied to the floor, upon going down a level to look at it the floor is a neon orange with a water-like texture, meanwhile the water is unchanged from blue.
What do you expect to see? The water should turn pink-purple, instead of the pool floor turning bright orange with the water still blue.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug has been around for a fair amount of time, and in between when I first started noticing it to now, I’ve factory reset my Xbox one S, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the game and all purchased expansions. The sim limit is set to 80 and hasn’t even filled to half.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 3 (2,003 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [PS4/XB1] Pool water texture not applying

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I can confirm that this is happening again. If the pool is new, and no wall or floor texture is applied, the water colors correctly. If the pool has floor or wall textures applied, the water tool then colors the floor instead of the water.

Edit: Added Video

Message 2 of 3 (1,882 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [PS4/XB1] Pool water texture not applying

★★★★ Guide

This only happens to me if I’m applying the water texture as a “single tile” flooring rather than “fill area.” 

Message 3 of 3 (1,821 Views)